• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Windshield Problem

I think I can get used to this windshield. It takes all the wind off your body, I don't feel anything hitting my hands either. Plus the mirrors will be nice and are needed to ride in Quebec. Just need to get used to not looking as cool as the low windshields lol, I guess this is what happens when you get older lol.

The mirror and kit to mount them from cat are cheaper to buy,and from my cat/Yamaha dealer work better,and fit both medium and sport medium shield,and the Yamaha mirror and kit price is $140 vrs &85.00 for the cat mirrors and kit.

When we designed these windshields we determined the mirror locations in CAD to ensure proper visibility behind the rider. (No more looking at your shoulder type thing). Where you have to drill is dimpled on the windshields below to simplify installation.

Windshields that have pre-marked holes for the mirrors, these fit both SRViper and Sidewinder models:
Medium- SMA-8LR96-30-SM
Medium Sport- SMA-8LR96-21-SM

If you are adding mirrors in Canada:
Windshield Mirror kit (Includes Mounts)- SMA-8LJ26-00-00

If you are adding mirrors in the USA:
Mirrors-
8LJ-F62A0-01-00
Mirror Mount Kit- SMA-8LJMR-AD-KT

Windshield Heights in comparison to stock production windshields:
2018_WindshieldOverlay JPEG.jpg

When we designed these windshields we determined the mirror locations in CAD to ensure proper visibility behind the rider. (No more looking at your shoulder type thing). Where you have to drill is dimpled on the windshields below to simplify installation.

Windshields that have pre-marked holes for the mirrors, these fit both SRViper and Sidewinder models:
Medium- SMA-8LR96-30-SM

Mirrors-
8LJ-F62A0-01-00

Windshield Heights in comparison to stock production windshields:View attachment 145812

WOW, that is a KILLER picture comparison, amazing!!

I went from the SE windshield to the Medium Smoke and I don't give a crap what it looks like there's way less wind and these mirrors are super nice to have instead of my hand guard mirrors.

Medium- SMA-8LR96-30-SM

Mirrors-
8LJ-F62A0-01-00

Windshield Heights in comparison to stock production windshields:View attachment 145812

Yamaha windshields and mirrors are the best in the industry

I went from the SE windshield to the Medium Smoke and I don't give a crap what it looks like there's way less wind and these mirrors are super nice to have instead of my hand guard mirrors.
Did you go with the medium sport?

Did you go with the medium sport?

No it's called Medium Smoke, if I'm not mistaken they don't make it anymore,the dealer in Cochrane happened to have it in stock when I was up there he said a customer had ordered it a long time ago and never picked it up. I will take a better pic of it to compare to the picture here and see where it fits in.

Just be ready to put up with the insessant noise that a large windshield makes. Not to mention at high speeds, some pull your head forward

Just be ready to put up with the insessant noise that a large windshield makes. Not to mention at high speeds, some pull your head forward

Pull your head forward? I found so much less wind on my body it's been really good with the Medium shield and now when I go faster my helmet doesn't try to peel itself from my head which is nice.

Yep, I found riding a SW XTX with mid windshield and mirrors last week end that it was very noisy at trail speeds and actually pulled me forward at speeds over 70 mph. Buddy has a Venture GT and that 4X8 sheet of lexan creates such a vacuum it crazy.

Page # 114 of 2018 Accessories catalogue.

Medium- SMA-8LR96-30-SM

Mirrors-
8LJ-F62A0-01-00

Low Sport should be pointing to 4th windshield from top in red - not

Medium- SMA-8LR96-30-SM

Mirrors-
8LJ-F62A0-01-00

Low Sport should

Medium- SMA-8LR96-30-SM

Mirrors-
8LJ-F62A0-01-00

Low Sport should be pointing at 4th windshield down from top not to factory SE. Are you the fellow in all the SRX pics that I chatted with at both Barrie and Toronto? Will the black and blue Yamaha FXR jacket featured in almost all the snow shoot pics be available for next year? How popular are the blue Mountain Skis been for the SRX and have the reports on performance be mostly positive? Sorry for all the ?'s.

I always order online through Yamaha motor.ca
Usually shows up in a few days. They are also having a huge sale on bags and trailer gear.
Your right! Back ordered 3 weeks at the dealer but already shipped to me from the Yamaha Canada website.

I tipped sled and cracked windshield. Ordered a new one on feb.1st and it showed up today. Great turn around from yamaha-motor. Mirrors did not break surprisingly so will re use them. Very robust mirrors.

I tipped sled and cracked windshield. Ordered a new one on feb.1st and it showed up today. Great turn around from yamaha-motor. Mirrors did not break surprisingly so will re use them. Very robust mirrors.

Free shipping to the door also. I didn't even realize you could order right off their website.

Back