• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Windshield Problem

buddah

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder B-TX LE
Anybody change to the medium windshield and the mirror kit that SUPPOSEDLY goes with it? I bought the shield and the mirrors over a week ago but because of the extreme low temps and an unheated garage never got them installed until now....no instructions included with the "mirror kit", which was kind of a bummer...but anyway there are four "pips" on windshield that just happen to line up exactly with screw holes in mirrors....so we drilled those out and tried to mount mirrors...issue is if you screw in the bottom set of screws, you end up with a .6" gap where the upper screws are supposed to mount due to curvature of shield.

What, if anything, did you do to correct this?

(Oh and the online catalog shows EXACTLY 1 set of mirrors that mount to windshield)

Make a pattern of the holes from the mirror, sit on sled, place mirrors were you want them ,take pattern (paper) tape to windshield mark holes and drill, done it many times.

Make a pattern of the holes from the mirror, sit on sled, place mirrors were you want them ,take pattern (paper) tape to windshield mark holes and drill, done it many times.

Yeah, I got that, Thanks.....I'm just P.O.'d that they had those "pips" molded in and it seemed logical that was where to drill....now I got 4 spurious holes in a brand new friggin windshield....

In the US you need to buy a mount kit for the mirrors did you buy that? I just installed Mirrors on my Medium Windshield this week and there's an adapter that mounts to the top "arm" of the mirror on both sides. I can go in the garage and get pics if you want?

USA: Mirrors 8LJ-F62A0-01-00, Mounts SMA-8LJMR-AD-KT

Canada goes with mounts, very easy to install, including photos
P.s: medium sport windshield or med windshield.
Does not fit the regular or tall windshield
0E745BA4-4386-49F8-AA57-F2256D4075CD.jpeg
5573C84A-FE67-48F5-9BAB-3069B060BECF.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah you can see in Wingwon's pics the extra mount piece that is needed. I mounted my mirrors on the Medium Smoke Windshield and they fit no problem, shield had the 4 little marks for where to drill the holes. The mirror kit for Canada is really nice as it comes with everything including instructions, not sure why Yamaha US would be different.

Thanks guys....I asked for the "mirror kit" from my "local" dealer and the mirrors & screws were all I got...I'll get the mounting kit this week....I did not have part number when I ordered....the parts guy, whom I trusted, said I had everything I needed....he lied :dunno:

Thanks for the pics! I just picked one up but the mirror kit is back ordered 2-3 weeks.

Thanks for the pics! I just picked one up but the mirror kit is back ordered 2-3 weeks.

I always order online through Yamaha motor.ca
Usually shows up in a few days. They are also having a huge sale on bags and trailer gear.

If you ordered from yamahaparts.ca or whatever the website like Wingwong said even though it showed special order mine was here within less than a week. I ordered mine just a week and a half ago.

It’s called the medium sport.

Attachments

• FD5B921C-1D03-4B65-87A0-8177FE53C3FE.png
    FD5B921C-1D03-4B65-87A0-8177FE53C3FE.png
    281.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 6DF42D23-D219-45E7-A85A-F0A46E2ECDBA.png
    6DF42D23-D219-45E7-A85A-F0A46E2ECDBA.png
    271.1 KB · Views: 134

Back