• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Won't crank. Fuel pump runs

Worked on it more tonight. Found out the ground wire (black) does not have any continuity to ground. Used a jumper wire from the key switch to ground and it cranks now. Any ideas?

I would start searching for those other ground blocks I had mentioned. Here's a post where I show an image of the ones down in the nose.

I would start searching for those other ground blocks I had mentioned. Here's a post where I show an image of the ones down in the nose.
I will check them. It's been draining oil for about 3 months also. Not sure if that would stop it from cranking.

Draining oil for 3 months? Either way, an oil leak or draining oil in and of itself wouldn't stop it from cranking but I suspect that if the oil pressure was low it might. But for that to occur, it would also have to throw a code. Knowing you have a ground issue, I would start there.

Draining oil for 3 months? Either way, an oil leak or draining oil in and of itself wouldn't stop it from cranking but I suspect that if the oil pressure was low it might. But for that to occur, it would also have to throw a code. Knowing you have a ground issue, I would start there.
Start on one sled then to the next then need oil to change oil. Only use Amsoil. Waiting on a oil filter. Life gets busy...ect ect.

Now to figure where that wire goes.

Wonder if that goes to ecu then ecu cuts the ground so it won't crank. I cranked others with no oil in them but did not sit so long without oil. Maybe try to loop the oil pressure switch and see what happens. No sure if you can do that like a kill switch.

Last edited:
Ah, I see what you mean about 'draining for 3 months' now and no, I don't believe that is the reason for the no crank as I find myself doing the same with the my two Apex's and RX-1; work on one to drain and as oil is draining, go start another. Have many times even left them buttoned up (oil drain plug in and filter on) without oil for extended lengths of time and every time I finally add oil and start them up to finish the oil filling process, not once have I had any of them not crank.

As for that ignition wire, maybe the ground blocks are good and you just have a short in that wire which would be something to check but I just know from working with Rock that those ground blocks can cause all kinds of issues when we were troubleshooting my HID issue. It's quite possible the ground block that the black ignition wire goes to is the bad one.

Ah, I see what you mean about 'draining for 3 months' now and no, I don't believe that is the reason for the no crank as I find myself doing the same with the my two Apex's and RX-1; work on one to drain and as oil is draining, go start another. Have many times even left them buttoned up (oil drain plug in and filter on) without oil for extended lengths of time and every time I finally add oil and start them up to finish the oil filling process, not once have I had any of them not crank.

As for that ignition wire, maybe the ground blocks are good and you just have a short in that wire which would be something to check but I just know from working with Rock that those ground blocks can cause all kinds of issues when we were troubleshooting my HID issue. It's quite possible the ground block that the black ignition wire goes to is the bad one.
Sent you a dm

Back