• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Woodys track tension tool vs. Spring fish scale

Firecatdude

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 ZR 9000 LTD
I just got the woodys track tension tool. There is quite a bit of difference between it and the spring fish scale I have been using for years. According to tension tool track is too loose by 3/8” or more. Fish scale is off by a bit when I hang 20 pound weight off of it but not enough to change track tension by that much. Anyone have experience with using this tool? Gates has one, so does Cat. All look the same just rebranded.

FYI an older "My Old Sled" video discusses the Woodys tool

Been using the one from woodys for 4 seasons now adjusting the track on 7 pro cross sleds. All set the same, no one has experienced any ratcheting and slider wear is minimal. Track may be a little looser than what a fish scale would set it at but we have experienced zero issues using the woodys track tensioner.

Been using the one from woodys for 4 seasons now adjusting the track on 7 pro cross sleds. All set the same, no one has experienced any ratcheting and slider wear is minimal. Track may be a little looser than what a fish scale would set it at but we have experienced zero issues using the woodys track tensioner.

Funny thing is my Woodys tool is making my track tighter than my old fish scale. I checked the fish scale calibration by hanging 20 pound weights on it. It is out by two pounds but I’m adjusting for that when I use it. Maybe I’ll compare them again this weekend and see what I get. Thanks the reply.

I use a 20lb kettle bell and place it in the center of the track it makes it super easy to adjust track tension.

Back