• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Worst sled purchase? What should you have bought instead?

91 #*$&@ Doo MX500, The heat exchanger is directly under the tunnel full length and the only tunnel protectors they offered at the time was some plastic skinny ones. Well it took me just 109 miles to wear the protectors down and cut a hole in the exchanger and proceed to blow it up! I still have this sled not sure why, motor is rebuilt , studs gone, Arctic cat Zr skid in the rear and Yamaha plastic ski's off my Vector . Beater sled now the kids beat on it Can you tell.

upload_2014-12-8_13-22-41.png

my worst sled was a bit newer, it was an 05 F-7 sno pro with diamond drive 1st year and it was nothing but trouble from dd breaking to being way slower than my 03 F-7, and the fuel tank filler neck cracking it was a nightmare, I bought a 07 apex next and been Yamaha ever since.

1995 ski doo fomula 583 Twin...did nothing but foul plugs the whole time i owned it.

Worst, 1975 fan Rupp Nitro 440. Good side, made you learn sleds from top to bottom! Always fix'in, always greasy and dirty up to my elbows. Went Yamaha SRX 440 in 1978. Talk about night and day difference!!

First worst sled was a 81 srx 440 and the second worst sled was a 09nytro put a lot of money into it and it still never rode good or handle very good

96 Ski Doo Mach Z after I had Brad Hulings with HRP mod the sled. Big money, and bigger Problems. That sled doesn't have 250 ridden miles on it since then, been rebuilt 3 times. It's been sitting in the barn under bird droppings for 15 years to remind me to never EVER do it again. I hate that sled.

99 Vmax 700, Excellent sled
Turbod an 03 RX1, it was a reliable rocket., but wanted FI.
04 RX Warrior, good sled,
09 Nytro MTX Turbo with Ulmer Turbo, Miss that sled!
06 Apex with Super charger, it's fine, but thinking viper with an MPI turbo would be better.

John Deere Cyclone 440- you ever get one of these stuck? Just leave it there. Don't worry, no one else is gonna steal it.

Polaris Star 245- you learn how to keep it pinned till she almost squeaks. Gutless. But decent starter sled.

John Deere Cyclone 440- you ever get one of these stuck? Just leave it there. Don't worry, no one else is gonna steal it.

Polaris Star 245- you learn how to keep it pinned till she almost squeaks. Gutless. But decent starter sled.

lol dad bought us kids one of those stars. did good on the trails but off trail it would not even spin the track. we used to fight over who got the 79 et250 as it would go through the snow way better.

2002 Yamaha Viper. Was on the fence between this and an Edge X 600. I wish I would have got the Polaris. The Viper had TPS issues and I hated the suspension.

Back