• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX insurance high performance??

woodzynh

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Yamaha Viper XTX LE
So I went to change insurance from my nytro to my new XTX, they are saying it's a high performance machine so it costs more. Anyone else find that? Doesn't make sense...same motor...Allstate btw

My nytro was a XTX and same motor....the viper is almost 300 more.

Check to make sure that their computer is not basing anything on the CC's. That happened to me when I went to insure my RX-1. My agent (Nationwide) is a snowmobiler and figured it out and they changed it.

I pay 333.28 a year for 2014 Viper XTX, 2011 Polaris Side By and a Trailer. There are a lot of variables though. I am older, have been with Nationwide for over 10 years, have no claims and they have all my insurance. I think the biggest things are no claims and they have all your insurance House, Cars etc...

Well then we are getting screwed here in Canada I pay 560.00 for my 09 Arctic Cat F8 and 790.00 For my 14 Yamaha Viper xtx pluse 190.00 per sled for my trail permit

30 yrs here and not a single claim and still at 360/yr. on the old apex. But lets round that up to 400/yr and figure if I come into an accident, and write it and someone else off my 12G investment has more than paid for itself. Really I think we are all paying for each other, its a collective rate setting based on miles per year, risk level, age of vehicle, policy coverage/theft collision, and amount of liability. your areas population and fequency of accidents in the area etc. I now comtemplate droping my insurance as I ride in the least populated areas with no other riders around. Trails suck for me now, too boring. And if I wreck my own sled who cares, I will pay to fix-it myself. I think my life insurance carries the rest of the damages I can do to myself..lol. "As long as people think their free, they won't fight the system", not sure who said that but I heard it somewhere and find it fitting.

I have state farm. I pay $230/yr full coverage $1000 deduct and $100k, $300k, $100k liability. 32 yo single and I totaled my 08 Rubicon off roading 4 years ago. I think some of you are getting screwed. It's a 15 LTX.

Last edited:

Back