• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

xtx overheating

snowracer1000

Extreme
I am sorry if there is already a topic for this but I took my xtx out last night for the first ride. I followed the 15 minute idle time yamaha recommends within 10 minute of idle the sled overheated and shut off. So my question is should i be worried about over heating on the trail. Does anyone have a 2010 xtx with overheating issues, I have heard of guys with short track sled overheating but nothing on the XTX. I did not have an issue after the idle time but I was riding in 8 inches of fresh snow. I only rode 10 miles in the hills and never got above 40 mph ( I hope the extra Hp is worth it) let me know thank in advance.

Your sled did what it supposed to do in this case.

If you have problems under normal operation then come back and read up on the topic until your eyes fall out.

arteeex said:
Your sled did what it supposed to do in this case.

If you have problems under normal operation then come back and read up on the topic until your eyes fall out.

X2 - plenty to read on this subject. I alone probably account for 3 hrs of reading...

Yes it is.

These machines are programmed to shut off after it heats up at idle. There is no air flow to cool them down so they shut off.

Just get on and ride. Chances are you will be like 99% of everyone else and never ever see the temp light come on.

as long as you keep the sled moving you shouldn't have over heating issues. It was when I stopped and waited for people that mine got hot. If you start seeing your heat light a lot, and don't like it, get the mtx heat exchanger kit. Problem solved.

Back