• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX SE'S SUSPENSION INFO??

I read Stingray's post about front rear springs and I decided to go with 135 pounds for my STX dx. It's seems to work well for me.

I have no doubt. Bet it helps do exactly like I described above. I would have to say if like with any spring you have to preload it more than 1/4 in. You would benefit from a heavier rate spring with less preload. All that preload is stored energy. So not only does the shock have to do its normal duty but now it has to control that stored energy.

I just read where the 2016 Cat front skid shock will be 1.25 inches longer, I guess we were right putting in stiffer spring.

Did the heavier spring, and i still wasnt impressed. I would def say its a geometry issue, you can fix either problem but not both. Big bump or stutters.
i cut all the bs and bought the goddaM shocks i should have bought midseason. Custom axis skid shocks from hygear with the linkage kit.
now i have the valving adjustment the goddam factory should have given us from the get go.
will be installed before first snow and i will let you all know if it works. If not the sled goes down the road and i will have to deal with skidonts horrible reliability and brace kits. Yipppeee.
should have stayed on the nytro i guess.
pretty bad when the old sled treats your back better then the new sled.

I appreciate all the input everyone has posted on changing the center spring to a 160 lb spring for a larger guy like myself (230 dry). Most of the posts seem to be from a few years ago, and I was wondering if you knew if any improvement had been made in the stock springs in more recent models. I don't want to go buy a new spring if Yamaha has fixed or improved since all your posts. Just looking for your feedback on trying to improve my ride quality as I am 100% trail riding my XTX. (Yes, I know it's not the most ideal model for trail riding, but I couldn't pass up the deal on the XTX.) Thanks in advance!

I appreciate all the input everyone has posted on changing the center spring to a 160 lb spring for a larger guy like myself (230 dry). Most of the posts seem to be from a few years ago, and I was wondering if you knew if any improvement had been made in the stock springs in more recent models. I don't want to go buy a new spring if Yamaha has fixed or improved since all your posts. Just looking for your feedback on trying to improve my ride quality as I am 100% trail riding my XTX. (Yes, I know it's not the most ideal model for trail riding, but I couldn't pass up the deal on the XTX.) Thanks in advance!
Same springs since 16 unless you have a SRX.

Anyone have the part # for the 160# spring? Or where it can be sourced if not a stock part?
TIA

Anyone have the part # for the 160# spring? Or where it can be sourced if not a stock part?

https://zbrozracing.com/center-shock-spring-kit-yamaha-viper-sidewinder

I believe that they have 145, 160, or 180 pound rate springs available. Specify the one that you want. Their recommendations is for the 145lbs spring if the rider weight is under 200lbs.

Back