• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX Suspension Upgrade from Hygear

You will be able to tell on the fronts the first set of stutters or big bumps. I love them on my float 2s.

fyi, im having great luck with 70psi main, and 80psi evol.
No push whatsoever.
Found you can really put some center shock preload back on it to lighten the steering with that lil bit of body roll this gives.
Youll see. 20 psi more in evol/dps chamber will lock them front shocks right up. Rides stiff as a board.
Haha dealer tried giving me mtn sled setup tips and i was like woa, 150psi in the evol is def for a non swaybar sled!

Initial ride... HOLY CRAP this is one hell of a transformation after the Hygear... the only thing we lost is lots of transfer. This thing is awesome.
Good to hear about the ride improvement. Been thinking about the linkage kit and reservoir for the rear but I really like the transfer on the trails. Where are your limiters set at?

Good to hear about the ride improvement. Been thinking about the linkage kit and reservoir for the rear but I really like the transfer on the trails. Where are your limiters set at?

I just put an 100 miles on this kit today... I love this sled... it still transfers just no as much as before but wow does it ride nice in the stutters. Limiters are still set at stock.but I have my center shock really soft.

What do the float 3s run for preasure. My 2s are at 50 and 110 if I remember right

What do the float 3s run for preasure. My 2s are at 50 and 110 if I remember right
I run my float 3's at 55 front and 115 rear. I'm 225 with gear and that set up is a nice blend of ride and handling for me.

I meant Mr Sled fronts with add on resivors. They have 2 pressure settings

That's what mine recommend but 150 felt a little front end tippy.

Do you think adding the Hygear coupling to the stock STX suspension- coil over in front of skid and Float3's in rear- will be a big trail change. Smooth and plush are my goals, it is pretty darn good right now. Yamadoo

Back