• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX Suspension Upgrade from Hygear

Looking for some feedback, last year I installed the hygear 141 pro link and kept the stock fox float 2 rear skid shock. The issue I am having is that the sled really handles the short studder bumps quite well, but on the larger more spread out rollers I find that the sleds bottoms out easily and the the rebound is that of spring board. I'm running 125 psi in the rear shock and I am about 215lbs geared up. Would putting more air pressure in the rear shock help the problem or make the situation worse? Should I look at upgrading the float 2? Is there anyway to slow down the rebounding of the shock? Thanks for your help

If I remeber correctly guys running float with linkage were around 200 psi plus. at 125 psi your way low even for stock linkage. You sould be in 140 to 150 psi range for your weight with stock linkage. Its most likely kicking you in the but because your bottoming out hard since your way low on pressure. Only way to slow rebound down is valving. Try more air and if that doesnt get you where you want have shock revalved. Its way cheaper than buying another shock and will be more comfortable.

Last edited:

The reason dual chamber works well on rear shock is it allows you to run little more pressure in main chamber so that sled can be higher in stroke and have more usable travel but also doesnt firm up as fast as shock without dual reservoiur and you can fine tune bottoming with air pressure in small chamber.

Personally im running a rear evol out of 2017 Mountain cat, has rebound adjustment and dual chamber as was like 270.00 brand new. Im 215 lbs and run 141 main chamber and 200 evol. Stock linkage and its pretty sweet ride after some valving changes !

Thanks for the information. The shock says not to exceed 150 psi. I guess when I was doing some reading about suspension setups on the xtx, most seem to run the rear shock at 125-135 psi, now that I think about it, perhaps they had the stock linkage. Why does this hygear linkage allow you to run higher shock air pressures without sacrificing the ride quality? I would think that 150psi would be a harsh ride.

Can the Hygear add’l chamber be added to the rear Fox 3 shock without relocating the idler wheel, purchasing their shock “caps” or coupling linkage?

Something like mounting the shock upside down. If that would work, would that make the shock more susceptable to getting water in it?

Back