• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YamaCats

2850A178-6796-4CD9-B372-BF7820ED841C.jpeg
Nice group of sleds, love the huge windshields

If you love huge windshields lol...
Missing from photo is my niece as this photo was taken 30 years before she was born but again from left is me on the same ‘82 Bravo she is sitting on in first photo and my mother riding with me.
Photo taken at the foothills of the mountains behind our family cabin.

Lol have that exact same vk in my garage right now. Trying to get it back out on the snow.

Lol have that exact same vk in my garage right now. Trying to get it back out on the snow.
lol I wish I could find one of those old “leaf-spring” VK’s myself! Would love to have one to leave at the cabin for just making trails in the woods and hauling logs and firewood.

Just for giggles I looked on Kijiji and there is a brown 1991 for sale near Montreal, Quebec with 1,700 original kms on it. He’s asking $3,700 CA
Not quite what I had in mind lol.

Holy cow, those are some seriously high wind shields. In a heavy head wind do they have enough HP to move the sled forward......lol

Holy cow, those are some seriously high wind shields. In a heavy head wind do they have enough HP to move the sled forward......lol

Of course they don’t have enough HP don’t be silly, but during tail winds we used to remove the drive belts and sail to our destinations...lol

at -40 even that window is not big enough.

at -40 even that window is not big enough.

Fortunately for most, they won’t have to experience a -40 ride, with most sleds failing to start at -30 lol.

lol i go all the time at those temps and the yammys always start.

lol i go all the time at those temps and the yammys always start.

Now clearly I wasn’t referring to us Yamaha owners lol
‘03 Rx-1, ‘08 Phazer and ‘16 Venture and start every time aswel. And no block heaters.

i always wondered why the didnt try to build up/strip down the vk540 to a sporty version to sell on cheaper side to help promote the brand .

i always wondered why the didnt try to build up/strip down the vk540 to a sporty version to sell on cheaper side to help promote the brand .

Yamaha doesn’t see, nor recognize, a market for wide tracked sleds. Never did and unfortunately probably never will. Very little effort goes into their 20” machines and by that I mean completely changing platforms etc.
They have a lot of loyal followers of the VK line both 2-stroke and 4-stroke but any owner will tell you, they buy them for the bulletproof reliable engine that can rack up 10’s of thousands of kms. Not because it can out perform the other wide track makes and models.

How do you like your 16 venture tf? How does the 151 skid ride? How is the ycct? Nice pull?

I’m not going to lie, as much as I’m a die hard Yamaha fan, I’m very open on pointing out the bad so much as the good.
First off, I love the ride of my TF, it’s the smoothest most effortless snowmobile I’ve driven to date. Having said that, I’ve only driven Yamaha’s to date also. So I’m not saying it’s the smoothest ride out of everything out there but from my experience it is. The eps should be on every sled and to ride one now without it feels like riding a snowmobile from the 90’s.
The track howl (noise) of the TF is extremely frustrating at first, disappointing after awhile and annoying once you are used to it.
As for pull, this is no trail or lake racer and let’s be honest it’s a Honda Goldwing cruiser compared to a R1 crotch rocket but this sled is no slouch either. Don’t mistake it’s, built for family comfort looks, to being slow. It’s got great acceleration and up on plane it will remind you of any sporty fast sled you had before it.
Right now there is nothing on the market I would trade my TF for, great ride, great feel.

Back