• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamacharger.... CPR now sells these....

most likely cause snow just started falling,and they just released these things recently i think....

so hes probably just thinking there sure cant be any seat time on any of these units,even if they have sold a few.

they will sell alot im sure,just not sure how many already though.....

this is a wait and see for me....watching this one close.

dan

MUSKIE said:
87gtNOS said:
That's some funny stuff (sh1t) right there!! 140 units already out there?!! LOL!!
......Why do you say that ??? Please tell

No offence Muskie....I am sure if I had the dough, I'd try one too!
But there is no way they have 140 units sold!

Seen this too

MT RX1 Mountain Man said:
ROCKERDAN said:
MT RX1 Mountain Man said:
Well I may to save some more money and go the MPI route after all. Looking at how the pinwheel and housing stick out below the belly pan I don't think I want to try it in a boondocking application....too bad..... :o|

when you add it all up,the MPI is awesome,but its im a whole nother league of money....4995 plus this,and that...and that,and that....you get to 6 grand real fast for stage 1 and alot more to worry about.

once again,this yamcharger IMO was made to meet the criteria of the everyday trail rider who wants more power,but the ease of a stock sled...there is not much that could go wrong with this setup that i can see...since the fuel control all remains stock.

time will tell if it will be worth 2200 bucks for how much actual performance it puts to the snow and on radar.

another thing i think about is,what if this new release yammie in february has a factory SC on it,or maybe the crossplane R1 motor at 180hp....then id be pissed that i bought this for my old apex....

time will tell....

we are lucky kviper should be working on his as we speak(tues) and maybe we will have results this week from him!....

Dan
>>>
I too observed this and wondered how durable it would be.....hmmm. Surely for that coin they'd come with a protective cover to go over it ? Maybe an aluminum cover like Timbersled sells for the drop and rolled chaincases that stick below the belly...hell we might be able to convert there cover to work? I surely wouldn't ride it where we go without a form of aluminum cover...plastic simply won't cut it. If it ends up being legit there will be other products built by other manufacturers to complinet this unit and a cover to protect would be sure to come out pretty quick. Wonder how far below the belly pan it drops?

I agree that it will be a slick steup for trail riding...I am just not as excited about it for boondocking now as I was before I saw that it sticks out below the belly pan. Knowing the places I ride and seeing the current marks on my belly pan in that same area is what I was getting at.

YAMCHARGER

Ok guys I have known Gilles at Gforce for a couple of years now.Bought a MPI blower from TY and got Gilles to set it up for me work good but to much things to watch for trailling.Had a turbo on my 05 rx1 and still to much to watch for trailing.Just want a simple set up no gauge to watch no racing fuel no jet set up,no to lean or not lean enough.HP coast 100.00 per 1hp.So this deal is not bad.I trust Gilles, this man knows is stuff and is very good at it .Trust me when this man says someting there is no BS to it.So I got one and install it with no problems now just waiting for my plastic parts to get back from painting.No problems to adj the drive chain, here is some pics of the set up and you can see the adj screw for chain adj from one of the pics.You also can see the filter this is the release kit,the pics on this site are from the prototype.If anyone have more questions or whant more pic just let me know.

Attachments

• DSCF1603.JPG
    DSCF1603.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCF1604.JPG
    DSCF1604.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCF1609.JPG
    DSCF1609.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 107
  • DSCF1605.JPG
    DSCF1605.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 116
  • DSCF1606.JPG
    DSCF1606.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 118
  • DSCF1607.JPG
    DSCF1607.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 170
  • DSCF1608.JPG
    DSCF1608.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 154
Re: YAMCHARGER

helmic said:
Ok guys I have known Gilles at Gforce for a couple of years now.Bought a MPI blower from TY and got Gilles to set it up for me work good but to much things to watch for trailling.Had a turbo on my 05 rx1 and still to much to watch for trailing.Just want a simple set up no gauge to watch no racing fuel no jet set up,no to lean or not lean enough.HP coast 100.00 per 1hp.So this deal is not bad.I trust Gilles, this man knows is stuff and is very good at it .Trust me when this man says someting there is no BS to it.So I got one and install it with no problems now just waiting for my plastic parts to get back from painting.No problems to adj the drive chain, here is some pics of the set up and you can see the adj screw for chain adj from one of the pics.You also can see the filter this is the release kit,the pics on this site are from the prototype.If anyone have more questions or whant more pic just let me know.

Nice set up --- looks great ;)! ;)! ;)! ;)!

Well with the blizzard that we are getting we thought it would be best to shoot for next week, The dyno will have to be free for another project on Saturday and me and a friend that will be wrenching with me both do snowplowing so Jeff didn't want to chance being done by Saturday. I will try to keep you guys posted but we are now looking at Sunday or Monday. kviper

yamcharger

Everyting just run great,only getting my plastic parts from the paint shop on next monday,I also installed the costume clutch rams that gforce as for this kit , will make sure to let you guys know how it performed.Should be getting close to 12'' of the white stuff on wednesday.

Nice Pics Helmic. Im on the same page as you. I had a boosted 05 RX-1 but way too much wrenching and maintaining for me. Im not looking to be fastest. I want reliability more than anything. If I can stay reliable and boost HP to closer to 170 from 150, Id be a happy man

I just bought my apex for $5500 with 380 miles on it. I could install this system and still have thousands less invested than a new apex. Im ready to buy, just waiting for some ride reports..

Come on snow!!!

yahcharger

I don't need to try it just knowing Gilles at gforce and going with what he says is enough for me.He has come true for me before and I trust his produce.If he said it is 20 hp it is 20 hp. that's just the way he is.Do you think the guy with the world speed record would put his rep in jeopardy,I dont think so...

Correct me if I'm wrong. But wasn't there a thread on here at the end of the summer about a group purchase on these things. I looked but couldn't find it.
I thought I replied saying I would be interested but had to see more info.
Does anybody else remember that thread or am I confusing dreams with reality again? :o|

Re: YAMCHARGER

helmic said:
..Nice report ! and Thanks for the pictures ! Keep us updated as soon as you can drive your sled...Do you have any differance in sound??

Back