• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamacharger.... CPR now sells these....

Good point!

MUSKOKA APEX RTX 07 said:
All this talk about the wifes letting them do anything?? Guys i have one thing to say KEEP YOUR PIMP HAND STRONG LOL you can ask RockerDan i dont askpermission for NADA. remember this saying boys "ITS ALWAYS EASIER TO ASK FORGIVNESS THAN IT IS PERMISSION" Thats how i roll and ive been with my old lady 20 yrs in Aug HEHE
>>>
LOVE THIS!! I have to play the same role as mentioned above! My balls have never been on the shelf! I do talk with my wife about most purchases showing her respect but I'm not in anyway asking if I can, rather notifying! The way I get away with this is that unexpected hug or wisper in the ear while she is cooking or doing something else....telling her how nice she looks etc. She also knows I won't ignorantly spend money or rob Peter to pay Paul which allows each of us some unspoken respect.
As for the sleds I partially agree on the comparisons but do know it all comes down to the business end of the equation! Keep in mind running a motor at wide open for periods of time is not hard on the motor, it simply isn't unless they are on the verge of floating a valve which is no where near happening with our motors. The low to high repetition over the entire life is much harder, going through gears from idle to red line thousands of times.
I've built engines for many many years with some very smart well respected old school and modern builders. Consistent RPMS seen more frequently in a sled on trails or lakes etc. is easier on the motor then ups and downs.....this is FACT! Also with the sled clutching it keeps the RPMS more consistent through out the life of the engine which helps it's longevity!
The chassis is definately abused more with temperature & conditions as I mentioned earlier. But the motor is the base of the conversation, consistent RPM's is easier on a motor no matter the size! We could go on comparying and discussing this that and the other for ever but this is all subjective non important comparisons. Whether they are in the black or the red at the end of the year and what will keep them in the black is the goal not engine longevity or chassis abuse one motorsport variety compared to another!
I would love nothing more then a boosted Yamaha and think we'll eventually see some sort of it as competition pushes the envelope, this has nothing to do with how hard these sleds are riden or abused compared to other motorsport categories! It is however great conversation and a fun topic. ;)!

ROCKERDAN said:
ask anyone with a turboed sled over 200hp......I dont know one person who has gone a full season without some sort of tinkering,fixing or breaking of something....

sleds take more abuse then any other powersports IMO.

Dan

YUP... Hit the nail right on the head. I had a 2005 RX-1 LE.. Loved the sled. It was everything I wanted. I just wanted a little more power so I decided to have a stage 2 turbo installed. Once it was finally done. I loved the sled even more, the first ride...
on the second ride I blew a track at around 118 (on speedo... so prolly around 105)... So I installed a new track, new studs, new anti ratchet drivers, and while I was at it... all new drive bearings... next ride I broke my chain, had to be toed to the trailer again. Got a new chain installed...
next ride, broke my driveshaft... had to take that all out, have the drivers pressed off and then pressed back on the new drive shaft and put it all back together. Next ride out I had a turbo issue and lost boost and the sled wouldnt run

out of the entire winter I rode it about 500 miles and I should have been able to ride closer to 2500 but it was broke all the time.....

After that I decided it wasnt worth it and sold the boosted RX-1 and swore I would not do that again with my apex

That is why Im interested in this system.. I think its a low enough dose of boost that If installed properly I should not run into so many problems like I did with the higher boost on the RX-1...

Oh and P.S. I don't ask my wife for permission either, but she still feels free to yell at me when Im planning on a big purchase that she dosn't feel is necessary... However... I make twice as much money as her and as long as the bills are paid, kids have everything they could possibly want and her van is full of gas with new tires on it... I just buy what I want with the money that is left over... She cant complain, she has a nice sled, new van, nice house, and everything in between and the kids have thier own sled, 4 wheelers, and lots and lost of food on the table... everyone is happy.... :-o

Re: Good point!

GotJuice said:
I would love nothing more then a boosted Yamaha and think we'll eventually see some sort of it as competition pushes the envelope, this has nothing to do with how hard these sleds are riden or abused compared to other motorsport categories! It is however great conversation and a fun topic. ;)!

And the only point I'm trying to make is that the hp envelope really hasn't been pushed by the oem's since the triples hit the market in the 90's - with the exception of a couple not too stellar attempts (New Mach, Z1 Turbo.) There's a lot of new tech with DFI and 4-strokes, but we're still stuck with the same horsepower. Zzzzz...

Re: Good point!

snerkman said:
And the only point I'm trying to make is that the hp envelope really hasn't been pushed by the oem's since the triples hit the market in the 90's - with the exception of a couple not too stellar attempts (New Mach, Z1 Turbo.) There's a lot of new tech with DFI and 4-strokes, but we're still stuck with the same horsepower. Zzzzz...

Im def. with ya on that, I wish they would make an attempt at something larger than 150, even if its only 165-170. I have been on 150hp class sleds to long... Im ready for a little more...

This little statement kinda worries me....

or at least makes me want to see some proven results before buying

"G‐force Division will not
warrantee any snowmobile parts damaged resulting from the use of the Yamcharger"

and this one

"G‐force Division reserves the right to ignore any warrantee claims after the inspection of the
Yamcharger unit, made from G‐force Division’s technicians"

I just wanna see some guys with these installed and some trouble free miles before I buy...

]Can you explain the timing? I have a timing key in my sled now and Gilles recommended that i put it back to stock. Are they adding timing at WOT or just lower rpm for throttle response? Thanks, kviper[/quote]........- 3 to 4 degrees added for 8000rpm and up to WOT which 10600rpm is target .........That is what i was told...Not for throttle response.

Any new news on the yamachargers. Im checking this thread 3 times a day looking for someone to report that they have it installed and love it.... anything yet???

Well I may to save some more money and go the MPI route after all. Looking at how the pinwheel and housing stick out below the belly pan I don't think I want to try it in a boondocking application....too bad..... :o|

MUSKIE said:
Can you explain the timing? I have a timing key in my sled now and Gilles recommended that i put it back to stock. Are they adding timing at WOT or just lower rpm for throttle response? Thanks, kviper........- 3 to 4 degrees added for 8000rpm and up to WOT which 10600rpm is target .........That is what i was told...Not for throttle response.

you do NOT want to add timing at full throttle under BOOST,no no.

midrange wont hurt,but i like to do this with my Powercommander Ign module,not a timing key. It allows to make changes easily.

Dan

MT RX1 Mountain Man said:
Well I may to save some more money and go the MPI route after all. Looking at how the pinwheel and housing stick out below the belly pan I don't think I want to try it in a boondocking application....too bad..... :o|

when you add it all up,the MPI is awesome,but its im a whole nother league of money....4995 plus this,and that...and that,and that....you get to 6 grand real fast for stage 1 and alot more to worry about.

once again,this yamcharger IMO was made to meet the criteria of the everyday trail rider who wants more power,but the ease of a stock sled...there is not much that could go wrong with this setup that i can see...since the fuel control all remains stock.

time will tell if it will be worth 2200 bucks for how much actual performance it puts to the snow and on radar.

another thing i think about is,what if this new release yammie in february has a factory SC on it,or maybe the crossplane R1 motor at 180hp....then id be pissed that i bought this for my old apex....

time will tell....

we are lucky kviper should be working on his as we speak(tues) and maybe we will have results this week from him!....

Dan

ROCKERDAN said:
MUSKIE said:
Can you explain the timing? I have a timing key in my sled now and Gilles recommended that i put it back to stock. Are they adding timing at WOT or just lower rpm for throttle response? Thanks, kviper........- 3 to 4 degrees added for 8000rpm and up to WOT which 10600rpm is target .........That is what i was told...Not for throttle response.

you do NOT want to add timing at full throttle under BOOST,no no.

midrange wont hurt,but i like to do this with my Powercommander Ign module,not a timing key. It allows to make changes easily.

Dan
..I was told that they would do this with my PC........On the dyno....Also told that there is 140 units out there that are working and 60 more booked for install........I will see what it is all about come Jan. 11...

ROCKERDAN said:
MT RX1 Mountain Man said:

when you add it all up,the MPI is awesome,but its im a whole nother league of money....4995 plus this,and that...and that,and that....you get to 6 grand real fast for stage 1 and alot more to worry about.

once again,this yamcharger IMO was made to meet the criteria of the everyday trail rider who wants more power,but the ease of a stock sled...there is not much that could go wrong with this setup that i can see...since the fuel control all remains stock.

time will tell if it will be worth 2200 bucks for how much actual performance it puts to the snow and on radar.

another thing i think about is,what if this new release yammie in february has a factory SC on it,or maybe the crossplane R1 motor at 180hp....then id be pissed that i bought this for my old apex....

time will tell....

we are lucky kviper should be working on his as we speak(tues) and maybe we will have results this week from him!....

Dan

I agree that it will be a slick steup for trail riding...I am just not as excited about it for boondocking now as I was before I saw that it sticks out below the belly pan. Knowing the places I ride and seeing the current marks on my belly pan in that same area is what I was getting at.

MUSKIE said:
.Also told that there is 140 units out there that are working and 60 more booked for install........I will see what it is all about come Jan. 11...

That's some funny stuff (sh1t) right there!! 140 units already out there?!! LOL!!

87gtNOS said:
That's some funny stuff (sh1t) right there!! 140 units already out there?!! LOL!!
......Why do you say that ??? Please tell

Back