• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Dealers are clueless about stocking wear items parts

Sorry to hear that guys but being from a small town in Nova Scotia, i have to say i'm extremely happy with the Yamaha dealer here in town. He alway seems to have multiple belts for the sleds he sells, along with many pairs of hyfax including dupont ones, tuners skis and carbides to match. Wheels are on the shelves and accessories to dress the sled up, its all there. Its Great!! and for this reason I will alway buy from him,even if it is a little more expensive then somewhere else, because without local support we wouldn't even have a dealer here in town and that would SUCK.

davessrx said:
Your dealers must be nothing like Port Yamaha. Kevin (parts) and Mike (owner) are the best. Chances are they have it. I can't remember the last time I had to order something and if you do it comes quick!!! I wasn't in there for 2 years as we had Polaris sleds and a couple months ago I stopped in to ask them about what sleds to look at and they both knew me my Name...2 years!!!

Now our local poo dealer is another story, they're terrible.

Port is the best. I can confirm everything said here. Generally do to even call before heading there, cause they always have what I'm looking for. Heck the last time I did call, Kevin recognized me by my voice.

I tried Kevin at Port Yamaha this fall and got in on 2 -8 dn belts for a 100$ & and Nytro hand guards and mirror for the Vector Ltx and all parts were right and there 3 days after ordering - can't beat that !!!

I think our 'new local dealer' is a changing model that is one click and UPS truck away.

Several customers often call me for parts as their dealer doesn't stock them. As a used parts guy I know what the common wear and fail items are so I find it hard to believe that dealers don't stock some of these items.

I think what it comes down to is how much of a passion the dealers have for snowmobiles. There are few local yamaha dealers around here that just don't seem to care. I eat sleep and drink yamaha snowmobiles and love running my parts business. Someday I'd like to expand my business to include an actuall yamaha dealership and quit my regular job.

Asselstines local to me has had all the parts I need at the beginning of the season and after my little incident. If they didn't have it they took it off a sled on the floor or had it within 3 days for me and called me to let me know it was in.

yooper1 said:
Just asking a question not trying to start a s$&t storm, why don't you have extra belts or slides in you garage? If the dealer can't get it I fail to see how it's there doing. Inventory costs money and ties a lot of it up.
I can see motor parts etc.. But belts and slides you should have a spare of each IMHO. Again not starting any storms I just know living in Houghton everyone comes here and buys which is great, this is why I have extra clutch parts and belt and slides.

Remember we got 6 more weeks of winter, no worries.

I do stock up on essencials! But poop happens and I have wreaked new of both at one time or anouther. Put new carbides on destroyed them on one ride. Had to go on a trip with the old worn set because my dealer didn't stock carbides for the sleds he sells. Not sold out mind you just no stock. So I ordered a set online on wed and had them before he would have ordered them following tues! Even paying the shipping they cost less! This began my search for a better dealer and I have found one! Well me and a many others!

Inventory does cost money! Public relations brings money in. Its called dealer support! My dealer supports me. My old dealer supported only himself. Maybe that is why his dealership is going down the tubes. If you stock nothing and only order on tuesday people just go elsewhere.

A good dealer is like gold, very precious!

I agree with Sasquatch, my dealer M&M power sports is top notch I have extra for quick fixes and back on the trail. The right dealer is key. Chad always has my best interest for me. Good luck to all.

yooper1 said:
I agree with Sasquatch, my dealer M&M power sports is top notch I have extra for quick fixes and back on the trail. The right dealer is key. Chad always has my best interest for me. Good luck to all.
I agree with you 100%, bought my nytro last Feb when my Skidoo burned down, gave me a great deal and I was out the door in 2 hours, Chads a good guy!

My dealer surprisingly had an upper A arm in stock today for my Apex XTX and saved the best riding of the season for me with lots of snow on the way. Moms of Manchester New Hampshire.

I think a few summed it up best here, there's little reason NOT to have a spare on your sled at all times anyway, and only if you have to use that spare, then order another one.
Although I'm in Iowa, and not usually in an area known for big sled dealers, my local Yamaha dealer has always had belts, slides, carbides, bearings, idler wheels, body clips, etc, etc. on hand. I've always kept at least 2 spare belts in the trailer, along with slides and just about everything else I could ever possibly need.
Bottom line, although it does seem like there should at least be some stuff on your dealers shelves, don't rely on that and be upset when some don't. You should always keep extra wear items on hand, no matter how reliable your machine might be..

Back