• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha lack of parts strikes again

srx901

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
turbo nytro
Again I am reminded why I will never buy another Yamaha anything. I ordered some parts for my 2010 Nytro only to be told 10days later that one part I need in the chaincase is backordered until March 9th. It doesnt pay to own a Yamaha. All sleds break down and they all need parts But Yamaha tells their dealers to not stock parts because they have them in the warehouse. Well they don't have the part I need and I wont be able to correctly repair my sled without it. So I call Yamaha USA and they say they will email the manufacture of the part to see if they can get it any sooner and if they can get it sooner they will put me on top of the list to get it and they will let me know, but as usual I have not heard anything back. I guess I will have to cob something together and hope I dont break down in Quebec in feb when its 10below 0.

You said part or parts a lot and not typed what the part is ..?? You run a Turbo Nytro .

Nothing lasts forever but

They are all like that! To be honest, local dealer support is pointless in the internet age. I can't think of the last time I needed the dealer for anything, period. Any part you need is available on the internet, and if you want it, usually overnight shipping. Just punch the part number into google and see who pops up.

My local dealers lost my support when their markup was over 100% of what I could buy it on the internet. Yes, i know you have a brick and mortar to maintain, but when your parts are double what I can get them for elsewhere, you are just taking advantage of people, sorry. Now that dealers don't really stock much of anything, I can order it easier than they can, so thanks for playing, goodbye now.

well I also have had Ski doos for the last few years and when I need parts my local dealer " Engles" has everything I need in stock yes I pay them full retail for the parts but I don't mind because the sledding season is so short that when I need parts to ride I can fix my sled in a couple of days and ride. If anyone on here has rode in Quebec you know how much different the dealers treat you there. They bend over backwards to get you going instantly not next week or next month. They understand that sledding is a way of life and the people that choose to do this are important to their business. Here in the states they say drop your sled at the dealer and we might look at it this week and if we can get parts we will fix it the week after that. Well that's not good enough for me. That's why I repair my sleds myself. I can afford to let the dealer repair my sled but unless I want to buy two extra sleds to ride I will be out big time riding time waiting for sleds to be repaired. I just cant stand for poor service. another thing I have noticed is that the dealers in Quebec will stay open a lot longer hours than the lazy dealers here in the states. I 'm sorry to say that if I had the time and the money I would only ride in Quebec for the great trails and the dealer network.`

Way to go Port!! You guys are the way all dealers should be! They should take lessons from You !!

Agreed about the way the dealers in Quebec go out of their way to get you back on the trail. As for parts most of the places that serve the fiche and a shopping cart for ordering parts are using the same fulfillment as your local dealer or at least the same as the other online parts suppliers. The thing to do is call various dealers to check for stock. I start with my local dealer and then call Travis (Barn of Parts) then check with Port. Hard to believe that part is not somewhere.

93420-26092-00
found your circlip on the net in 20 seconds. It looks like this was used in every sled since 2010. should be very common. sometimes I luck out at a hardware store or auto parts store. BOP will have hundreds of them . Hope this helps.

I found a inside snapring at the local hardware store the guy didn't even charge me anything for it. Its close and will probably work but the stock one has two extra nubs on it to hold the bolt from coming threw the chaincse

We have that 93420-26092-00 snap ring in stock - if you need it give me a call!

Attachments

• 93420-26092.jpg
    93420-26092.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 93420-26092-00.jpg
    93420-26092-00.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 121

Back