• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha luggage?????

I put the Skinz exhaust with the turn out on my XTX, I was hoping that it would allow me to put a rear pack onbut I am concerned with clearance on the exhaust, it seams to be to close for comfort, I'm afraid that all the bouncing around on the trails it's gonna burn a hole in the pack. So for now until I can see some one do it sucsessfuly I will ride with my Klim Nac pac
and maybe the Yami fuel caddie with one fuel can and other for storage.

I think Yamaha sees the Nytro as a minimalist's sled as the four stroke crowd kept demanding less weight. Well this is the result, a sled with no built in storage. Yamaha doesn't see the Nytro as a long distance tourer (Venture GT) but more of a ditch banger. It is what it is.

Nice Rumble said:
I think Yamaha sees the Nytro as a minimalist's sled as the four stroke crowd kept demanding less weight. Well this is the result, a sled with no built in storage. Yamaha doesn't see the Nytro as a long distance tourer (Venture GT) but more of a ditch banger. It is what it is.

I agree. It's like comparing a crotch rocket to a Harley. If you want to trail you will have to improvise/settle for something that may not seem normal compared to the older style sleds.

Nice Rumble said:
LMAO! Good excuse. I guess it was the same with the RX-1?
How about the XTX? It's not a crotch rocket, it's a cross country sled. If you're going to venture off the beaten path you should be able to take along some basci supplies.

Newfiebullet said:
Nice Rumble said:
LMAO! Good excuse. I guess it was the same with the RX-1?
How about the XTX? It's not a crotch rocket, it's a cross country sled. If you're going to venture off the beaten path you should be able to take along some basci supplies.

I understand, but they are all doing it to get lighter. Look at the new Ski Doo, and some of the Polaris models. They are going for light, and quick over functional. To claim some sort of bragging right, that makes us all wear back packs like kids :tg:

I just want a place to put a ball cap and a bottle of water.It would be nice if they could have made a compartment in the back of the seat,like they used to.

JcHawk said:
I just want a place to put a ball cap and a bottle of water.It would be nice if they could have made a compartment in the back of the seat,like they used to.

Exactly. They f-d up when the RX-1 came with no storage, and then they fixed it with the Apex.
I can't believe they went backwards with the Nytro.

JcHawk said:

Should fit in the nose bag. If the belt is in the way move the belt to the clutch cover. I now it's not as easy to get to as a rear compartment but any time I put water in the back of my Apex it was boiling buy the next break anywy.

Storage

For something like that the tank bag works, and looks great IMO. They even sell it in three colors to match your sled.

Re: Storage

sheetwright said:
For something like that the tank bag works, and looks great IMO. They even sell it in three colors to match your sled.
I agree and the color match is nice. If you have a mid to tall WS the Yamaha WS bag works great for a cap and spare glove storage.

Re: Storage

Blu2U2 said:
sheetwright said:
I agree and the color match is nice. If you have a mid to tall WS the Yamaha WS bag works great for a cap and spare glove storage.

You are right about the color. Yamaha is so hit or miss on their accessories it's not funny. The tank bag match perfect, but the new foam hand guard covers are way to light. I don't know why they can't get it straight. It seems like you almost have to order black, unless you see it right in front of you.
:bling

My sled is set up like Blu2U2's. With the tank bag, saddlebags, large windshield bag (with tall shield) I can go for over a week on a bagger trip. I'm also picking up a backpack this year. I've been happy with Yami accessories.

Superman said:
My sled is set up like Blu2U2's. With the tank bag, saddlebags, large windshield bag (with tall shield) I can go for over a week on a bagger trip. I'm also picking up a backpack this year. I've been happy with Yami accessories.

This may sound dumb, but any back pack more comfortable then another? Especially on the bumps. Any one more water proof also? Remember the days when you were a kid and that thing dug in your shoulders. :tg:

You have to get one with BOTH a chest strap and a waist strap. Having both of those really takes the load off of the shoulders and keeps it really tight to your back.

A few of my buddies have HMK packs and they really like them.

Back