• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHA MISSED THE BOAT

mud99

Expert
I just checked out the new model lineup - $14,000 for an Apex?

EXUP, new engine, but same horsepower?

And they killed off the Apex Mountain?

Someone at Yamaha needs to be fired.

Mark

It's probably is a very nicely refined sled but how many are going to pay that kinda coin in this economy......

Mighty said:
It's probably is a very nicely refined sled but how many are going to pay that kinda coin in this economy......

refined is the word, they called it a game changer. I posted two weeks ago and had the usual suspects calling me out protecting Yamaha.

Can you imagine if ford said they were releasing a new Mustang. they called it a Game changer and it was a refined version of the Current model. They would be lambasted by the press and the public.

anyone who is on a current Yamaha who buys one of these is a FOOL!!!!!!!!

dirkdiggler said:
Mighty said:

refined is the word, they called it a game changer. I posted two weeks ago and had the usual suspects calling me out protecting Yamaha.

Can you imagine if ford said they were releasing a new Mustang. they called it a Game changer and it was a refined version of the Current model. They would be lambasted by the press and the public.

Agreed ;)!

I agree. My 07 RTX is paid for, I can add a yamacharger and a 144" extension kit for $3,000 and have a Apex XTX without power steering that will dust the new Apex.

dirkdiggler said:
Mighty said:

For sure not a game changer

I guess it may be that I have no interest in an Apex so maybe I'm not thinking in terms of I have to have something new. It just seems to me that this is nearly what everyone actually wanted. A float in the rear, perfect, maybe now the thing finally won't bottom out on a snow ball. Redesigned skis, everyone on here want's that. EPS, may not the means by which it was thought to be done but most on here wanted to lighten the steering on the Apex. Better seat, I certainly would have liked this one better than my 06'. Improved windy, everyone complains about how cold these new sleds are. Exhaist drone, flat mid range, should be taken care of by the new system. Basically, most of the issues complained about on here have been covered. One concern I would have is the new exhaust systems Y-Pipe joint, that valve unit seems to be all one piece, looks pricey.

At any rate I would much rather have a refined machine than a brand new design that you become the test pilot for. I say good job Yamaha, except for may the price, it is getting rediculous on all the manufactures. Then again we are the ones driving it up with the demand for new tech. My $0.02

LJ 452 said:
I guess it may be that I have no interest in an Apex so maybe I'm not thinking in terms of I have to have something new. It just seems to me that this is nearly what everyone actually wanted. A float in the rear, perfect, maybe now the thing finally won't bottom out on a snow ball. Redesigned skis, everyone on here want's that. EPS, may not the means by which it was thought to be done but most on here wanted to lighten the steering on the Apex. Better seat, I certainly would have liked this one better than my 06'. Improved windy, everyone complains about how cold these new sleds are. Exhaist drone, flat mid range, should be taken care of by the new system. Basically, most of the issues complained about on here have been covered. One concern I would have is the new exhaust systems Y-Pipe joint, that valve unit seems to be all one piece, looks pricey.

At any rate I would much rather have a refined machine than a brand new design that you become the test pilot for. I say good job Yamaha, except for may the price, it is getting rediculous on all the manufactures. Then again we are the ones driving it up with the demand for new tech. My $0.02

I completely agree

Missed the boat? I think they aren't even on the pier this year...

I was hoping for a more powerful Nytro chassis sled. Don't get me wrong I really loved my Attak. It did many things well and was an exceptional trail sled imo and this refined Apex is a good thing for those who want that sort of sled. I don't. Especially not for that price. There should have been more. Namely a Nytro style chassis with a bigger motor.

LJ 452 said:

I agree with everything you said... I also believe they could have made alot of these changes in the Aoex like starting in 08 and made most of the changes besides the 128" track and EPS. In a video on the CDN site, the person said from the data they collected from the surveys's were that people wanted 2 things changed, better handling and more power. The better handling could have been resolved alot earler then this and a power in crease of 15-20 is what people are referring too. It will take for their sales to tank to figure this one out...

Yamahnator said:
Missed the boat? I think they aren't even on the pier this year...

I was hoping for a more powerful Nytro chassis sled. Don't get me wrong I really loved my Attak. It did many things well and was an exceptional trail sled imo and this refined Apex is a good thing for those who want that sort of sled. I don't. Especially not for that price. There should have been more. Namely a Nytro style chassis with a bigger motor.

How about a 3 cylinder with 170hp would have been nice...

New sled

I think they are listening to most riders. I would also love to see HP gain but Insurance cost's..... Kids being killed......Yamaha has always been concervative in that deptartment. Yamaha still has the best fit, finish and reliabilty. Our sleds still run darn close to the bigger HP sleds, Remember the SRX always gave up HP but there are many still kicking a.. out there.
I have owned 5 sleds that had over 10,000 miles on them and still ran great! Not many can say that. ( 78 Exciter, 90 Phazer, 99 SRX, 02 Viper and my current 03 RX1) Yamaha tends to make sleds for the more experianced older crowd (Me). I think overall pretty good improvements. The real truth will be when we all try them out!!
Just my 2cents!
Blue

I just have to say, you guys slay me. You all love your Apexes and this sled will be the best Apex ever, probably by quite a bit if the reviews are accurate. You all knew what this sled wasn't from the rider reviews. Now you know exactly what it is, and that is the best trail sled out there. If you were in the market for one, and had the cash, this is what you would buy.

Now, the cost is the real issue. If Yamaha released the sled they could afford to build and sell for $10K today the comments would really be amazing to read. If you want a nice sled (even the same as last year) it is going to cost more. Why? Blame our politicians. They have so destroyed the dollar that imports are cost prohibitive. Arctic Cat and Polaris should have an advantage in that department.

Looking at this sled and ignoring the cost, it looks to be an awesome sled. If I was going to buy a new one, this would be it. Of course I can't afford one and don't need a new one so I won't worry about it. I love my 2004 stretched RX-1 with Expert-X, C&A skis, ECP kit, and heavy hitters. Don't know if I will ever buy a new one. Thanks Jason, I still love it!! With these prices, more than ever.

Good job Yamaha. Now if you could only do something to strengthen our dollar and lower these prices so we could afford these sleds!!

Back