• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Nytro MTX set up help

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Yamaha Viper MTX 162”
MPI Turbo
Dyno Jet Power Commander Ulmer
Black Diamond Pro-shift weights
Black diamond Helix
Tether kit
Grimm Speed Boost controller
SLP Mohawk SKIS
Sidewinder heated ROV
Custom built stainless exhaust
17.5 limiter straps
Stingray Spring
I am 16, I finally decided my o7 phazer just wasn’t cutting it for me anymore and upgraded to an 09 Nytro MTX 153, but need some help I ride 70% off trail 30% on groomed trails, I have mountain techs A arms and need some help for a good limiter strap set up and suspension, just would like a little help forming a base line to start at on my Nytro

I am 16, I finally decided my o7 phazer just wasn’t cutting it for me anymore and upgraded to an 09 Nytro MTX 153, but need some help I ride 70% off trail 30% on groomed trails, I have mountain techs A arms and need some help for a good limiter strap set up and suspension, just would like a little help forming a base line to start at on my Nytro
And I weigh around 145 lbs, hope someone has a base set up for me because I am kinda new to this Nytro thing, my dad has one and I rode it and that’s where I got the idea from but he said he got his set up from here

Welcome to the site! I have a 08 nytro MTX and I'll tell you what I found worked pretty good. First I pulled the limiter straps all the way in(as tight as they go) this will help with the approach angle and wont trench so bad. This has a down fall on the trail though but putting a ton of pressure on the skis. I also have my front skid shock set to light to medium. For the transfer rods on the back of the skid I have them set so my skid doesn't transfer much. I have a mountain tech front end too and I have my shocks set pretty stiff with no sway bar. This should help you get started. I know I find myself tweaking the settings per ride I go on. Have fun with it!

Thank you very much this will definitely give me a good start and I will use your advice

What track do you have on that sled? Stock?

I’m not sure if it’s stock, it’s a 2.5 camoplast and I have Ulmer a clutch on mine

Is stock limiter strap setting second whole?

I'm not sure what the stock setting is. I just pulled them all the way in from the get go. If you have the 2.5 Camo then you will be set because the stock track that came on these sleds was horrible. Its called the maverick track just in case you here about it later but if you do a quick search on the forum you will see how bad it is.

have you ever had a problem with the tops of your spindles getting worn out

Like the hole on the top for the bolt connecting to the arm? My spindles got a little beat up because my old stock arms the ball joints when out and the arm was riding on the spindle top that way.

Yah my spindles when I bought this sled we’re all wore out and I had to order new ones but all the ball joints felt solid so I was just wondering if it was kinda common

Yeah IDK how common it is. Mine just got beat up because the joint went out which is common on the stock set up. You should never have to replace your mountain tech joints as those are 100X better. I should probably buy new spindles because mine are tweaked ever so slightly but I'm just going to run with it.

ok thank you very much for your input it is very much appreciated

No problem! We're all here to learn from each other! You will find this site is fill with tons of great info and great people!

No problem! We're all here to learn from each other! You will find this site is fill with tons of great info and great people!
I have a question for u about your mountain tech front end, have you ever bent the bolts that go through the top ball joint and the spindles

Back