• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ZBROZ front end

Schlorven said:
whats the benefits to install this front, just stronger????
for my '08 any way,it's got a better steering geometry,there is some adjustability for caster and camber,and last but not least,more durablity.

multi sled: It sure was a chore bringing this thing of the mountsin in Valemount BC from almost the highest elevation we were riding that day. Sure glad I stick a few goodies for the ride thats for sure. A helicopter ride would have cost $$$$$$$$$$$ :drink: :drink:

schlorven: It took me multiple rides to get my sled to handle the way i wanted it to with the stock front end. Before I installed the zbroz my sled was pretty stable in the flat (I thought) it did not dart with the simmons but the steering was still slightly heavy.
After I installed the ZBROZ, on the first ride I could immediately notice the steering alot easier, tighter turns and very, very stable. I have the the larger shim for the ski width adjustment on the inside.
I believe if I lighten up on the springs and preload for the shocks the ride will be even better. Still going to make some adjustments to see what the kit can really do, camber etc....
As for the durability, only time will tell. It looks and feels stronger (specialy having a tight front end again) :o| the spindles are solid on the outer side so if you shear it in half like the stock one, bye bye sub frame for sure :die The a arms feel more rigid but im sure if you hit a rock or stump they are going to bend like anything else.
The snow dont lie and only miles will tell, will keep you updated after a few hundred miles ;)!

3/4" in shock length per the website. I was going to see if I could just get the shaft swapped out at the end of the season, if theyre interchangable. How much are you looking to get for them?

bottlerocket said:
Bummer the 2010 shocks wont work with this kit, only 08-09s.

Are you sure? What is the center to center on a 2010? I know the 09 is 17.5".

The way Im reading it.
Kit requires the use of MTX upper A arm pivot pins, if you are putting this on an XTX or RTX here is the Yamaha Part #90387-10073. You will need 1 for each upper A arm. Also yamaha in 2010 switched all models to the 17.250 length shock. This kit uses the longer 18.250 length shock used on 2009 and older XTX/RTX models. Specify year when ordering.

ARS FX A ARM KIT 43" WIDE SAME WIDTH AS 2010 AND NEWER MODELS
[K71-0301-1] $925.00

Click to enlarge
ARS FX A ARMS ARE BUILT FROM CHROMOLY AND TIG WELDED. THEY MEASURE 43" FROM CENTER OF SPINDLE. THEY OFFER MORE GROUND CLEARANCE AND DURABILITY OVER YOUR STOCK ARMS. THEY ALSO COME WITH NEW PIVOT BUSHINGS THAT WILL LAST MUCH LONGER THAN STOCK. THIS KIT ALSO INCLUDES CNC MACHINED SPINDLES WITH NEW BALL JOINTS. THE SPINDLE HAS BEEN DESIGNED TO CHANGE THE GEOMETRY OF THE FRONT END MAKING IT MORE STABLE IN CORNERS AND OVERALL IMPROVING THE HANDLING OF THE MACHINE. THE UPPER A ARM FOR 2011 HAS BEEN UPDATED TO GIVE MORE CASTER FURTHER ENHANCING THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS KIT.

THIS ARM KIT MEASURES 42.75" WIDE. THIS MEASUREMENT IS FROM CENTER OF SPINDLE TO CENTER OF SPINDLE WHILE THE SLED IS ON THE GROUND. CAN BE USED WITH STOCK 09 AND OLDER XTX OR RXT SHOCKS THAT HAVE AN 18.250 INCH LONG SHOCK OR TO COMPLETE THE PACKAGE ADD SOME EXIT SHOCKS THAT ARE CUSTOM VALVED TO YOUR RIDER WEIGHT

bottlerocket said:
The way Im reading it.
Kit requires the use of MTX upper A arm pivot pins, if you are putting this on an XTX or RTX here is the Yamaha Part #90387-10073. You will need 1 for each upper A arm. Also yamaha in 2010 switched all models to the 17.250 length shock. This kit uses the longer 18.250 length shock used on 2009 and older XTX/RTX models. Specify year when ordering.

I checked the part numbers...the 09's and 10 have the same part numbers for the XTX. I am pretty sure they are both 17.5 center to center and I know guys are running the stock shocks with this kit. I am running the longer shocks 18.375 z-bros rec'd to me and this creates other issues. I think guys have been running the 17.5's with no issues.

zbroz will send the pivot pins for the xtx when you order the kit, it adjusts the camber and creates adjustibility for it. No problems with my stock shocks.

Back