• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ZBROZ front end

At first I was buying it for replacement as my front end was shot, both spindles, bushings, lower A arm etc... Now I sure am happy i did purchase the zbroz instead of spending the same amount of money on stock if not more :o|

MOUNTY said:
multi sled: It sure was a chore bringing this thing of the mountsin in Valemount BC from almost the highest elevation we were riding that day. Sure glad I stick a few goodies for the ride thats for sure. A helicopter ride would have cost $$$$$$$$$$$ :drink: :drink:
that kinda beats my story,crazy stuff

bottlerocket said:
Good to hear. So there worth the money or are you guys buying just for replacements?

I bought mine because I got my sled handling well with the hygear stuff, but I felt it was at a compromise to the big bump-ability. I didn't like how the sled was raked out in the front, high in the back, low front. I thought that the front shocks were still not as good as my Ohlins rear setup. I was bottoming. Lifting the front end and balancing the front to rear made sense. The wider ski stance would offset the higher center of gravity. I also had a tried a friends nytro with the Z-broz full setup and liked how it handled.

Z-broz may of fixed it now but I did have clearance issues with the longer shocks, at full drop out the tie rods would hit the sway bar mounts and sway bar.

I think the front end is more than just a replacement. I think it will improve your handling. The Exit and Ohlins shocks will take it even further, they are a big improvement over the stock or Hygear.

How much did it rise the front end. I know the triple rate twisted springs lowered my front end over a inch at the bumper. Are you talking about a arm clearence or bumper height? i see they curved the lower a arm for more ground clearence.

i don't know about the exit or the highgear but the team fast assault air shocks deserve a look also,they are a big improvement over the gytr.

How much grinding did it take to install the tritek with the zbros front end? Abuddy installed some and had to grind on the shocks per Fast to install. I would have been pi**ed to say the least.

bottlerocket said:
How much grinding did it take to install the tritek with the zbros front end? Abuddy installed some and had to grind on the shocks per Fast to install. I would have been pi**ed to say the least.
uh...they must have changed something,put bolts through and go.what did he have to grind on?

Not off to a good start. Started installing my kit at 7 a.m. this morning so I could meet the guys for our regular noon ride, now that we have snow. No tie rods and 2 right hand upper a-arms, no left. Nearly a month to get the kit and now this. Zbroz said they would overnight the tie rods and a left hand upper a-arm. Now I just hope UPS keeps their end of the deal.

guys, does the zbroz front end use different ball joints than the crap yamaha ones? I bent my left lower a-arm yesterday, gonna need at least lower arm, new shock, ski on the left side(with ball joints and bushings)

if the zbroz uses better ball joints I may go this route rather than replacing it with the same stuff that's gonna wear out too soon.

Yes, the ball joints are different. They use sealed ball joints on the lower a-arm and bigger joints on upper arm.

I'm glad to read about the z-bros front end. My stock front end is sloppy as they get, and I've got a tweaked lower a-arm, so I'm really thinking hard on an aftermarket front end. I'm debating between the z-bros and the timbersled.

Back