• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ZERO-TOLERANCE

I ____________ consume alcoholic beverages when I snowmobile.

• occasionally

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • never

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

4Fighter

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'07 Attak GT
pimpedrsrage said:
...a lot of ppl talk the talk but really...how many walk the walk?!-zero means zero on ANY TRAIL

Let's find out then.

I'm not talking about "when the sled is parked for the night" I'm talking about from the time you drive away from home, the trailer, hotel, or cabin, to the time you return for the night - or arrive at your final destination for the day.

Did I ever???? Yes.....DO I NOW (in the last 10 years)....NEVER!

Not even a beer over lunch. The ride is "HIGH" enough for me ;)!

I don't have to drink to have fun snowmobling.I never ever drink while riding an hardly ever drink after the riding is done.We are on the trail before daylight no time for a headache.I go to ride.I see the guys that can't walk straight jump on there sleds it's a wonder more people aren't killed.

personally....i think drinking and driving"anything....is just plain stupid
but i see a lot of drinking and driving sleds up here....mostly at night.

a lot of people seem to think that since there isa law that has a certain blood alcohol level to be considered as legally "drunk" that yu can safely drink and drive up to that level. some even say...drinkin and drivin is legal...... :ORC i guess maybe it is if yu can have a BAC of .02 :o|
the law should be zero tolerance on BAC levels.....JMO.

I never drink and ride. I hardly ever drink when I don't ride.

If you say Zero tolerance, than put your money where your mouth is. If you drink responsibly and at least wait an appropriate amount of time before getting back on your sled, I can respect that too.

But restraining from alcohol consumption is the ONLY way to be sure.

I don't anymore. Back in the 70's I used to. Then my 1st child was born. I wanted to see her grow up. The only time I drink now is when the day is done. Of corse I smoked back then too, now with the RX1, theres no smoking either.

BOUNTYHUNTER said:
I'm not a very good rider, ;)!

You been drinking again :tg: I'll have a couple after riding all day but never on the trail or at chow stops while riding. I have enough trouble hanging on as it is ;)! Me and hangovers don't get along so i never drink tooo much.

topics like this can be touchy at times. Have to admit, my early years were not the most innocent, but I definitely know the importants of sober riding as I grew older and wiser (35 years old now). I’ve seen many accidents and so far lost a cousin and riding partner which one of them was alcohol related. I know many people think its ok to have one beer while out riding, but many people have a different interpretation what is acceptable and what is not. It is far easier to just have 0 tolerance for everyone while we all share the same trail. I now pick and choose my riding partners and make sure we’re all at the same understanding. Hopefully those I meet on the trail will be sober as well because a good day can become tragic in a hurry and there is no going back in time!
This sport can be fun, but it sure can be scary as well. :shock:

Dan

Back