• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ZR7000/Viper exhaust leak -anyone else have this problem?

Yamacat711

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
ZR7000 Ltd
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Check your muffler before it melts all the plastic and oil lines. I was out for 3 weeks because of backordered parts.

I removed my factory exhaust an installed an OSP can before i had even ridden my viper. First thing i noticed about the stock suitcase aside from the brutal weight of it was the piss poor welds and fab of the thing. Weld spatter all over the place, porosity in all the welds, even bit of MIG wire stuck in some of the joints..... nice AC stamp on the back...............

I would like to add to this. Yes the welds suck on the can but they aren't any better on the rest of the exhaust system. You won't have to worry about doughnuts but I'm willing to bet it will leak else where. There haven been posts on leaks in the header on boosted sleds but once again I'm willing to bet it won't take boost to make them leak. If I decide to continue to keep mine I will look into replacing the rest. As for now I've spent enough on upgrades for the year. Or should I say this winter lol.. Subaru2006

I removed my factory exhaust an installed an OSP can before i had even ridden my viper. First thing i noticed about the stock suitcase aside from the brutal weight of it was the piss poor welds and fab of the thing. Weld spatter all over the place, porosity in all the welds, even bit of MIG wire stuck in some of the joints..... nice AC stamp on the back...............

Upon further inspection I think it blew out in a second spot underneath on the corner which abuts the footwell. What a mess. If and when I get back from the dealer I will be I stalling a new high quality can in the off season, any recommendations?

I would watch and wait to see if a clear trend develops in the Can department. More and more coming out all the time and sooner or later someone will do a comparison

Not sure if Hindle has a system but my turbo viper with the Hindle muffler sounds sweet. Not to loud but you can hear it when you twist on it.

Sneakattak88,

The slip-on system retails for $450 CDN. Please contact Hurricane Performance to place your order.

Lee Hindle

I just put on a D&D Barker, it's a little loud but a really nice piece. Super nice craftsmanship and well made. I noticed when I removed my stock one I have something rattling around inside when I shake it, wasn't like that last time I checked my chaincase tension.

Back