• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05' Fusion 900 vs. 07' Apex RTX

ApexSS

Extreme
Just curious but which one is faster, at the start, middle and top end? Fusion has pipes and the Apex is stock? Never rode with a Fusion. They both have 144 studs.
Thanks,
Sean

Bad sign

So I'll take it that in the Yammie forum almost 30 people viewed it and no one has an opinion or knowledge about this. I posted this in a Polaris one and some are saying that I'll get "smoked" on the RTX?

:ORC ???????

i have a fx nytro and raced 2 fusion's on the grass.my nytro kills them out of the hole but by 500ft. they are starting to catch me, one was stock the other one had clutch kit and studs.i know its not a apex but it might give you a idea..

I dont think that Fusion can get out of it own way. I would say bring it to the snow and may the best built sled win..... no more said.

Attachments

• joe's 144 double pattern.JPG
    joe's 144 double pattern.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 97
the fusion 900 are junk. i work at a polaris dealership i should know. itll prolly blow up or vibrate apart by the time it hits 500 feet. one of the polaris enginerers at a dealer meating told my boss " we would have made more money on them if we built them all, crushed them in to a block and threw them in the scrap dumpster insted of trying to fix them all." lol

My buddy has a 900 fusion. We raced his sled against my stock 03 800 rev and it wasn't even close! Needless to say he walked away with his goodies tucked between his legs....then he let his wife ride the fusion so she could enjoy the vibration!

<<<So I'll take it that in the Yammie forum almost 30 people viewed it and no one has an opinion or knowledge about this. I posted this in a Polaris one and some are saying that I'll get "smoked" on the RTX?>>>

I think the only people that might be interested in the answer are the 2 guys that own the sleds in question. Especially when the same question is posted in so many different places.

We have a Fusion in our group , you will kill it , then have to tow it home for your bud !

Re: Bad sign

ApexSS said:
So I'll take it that in the Yammie forum almost 30 people viewed it and no one has an opinion or knowledge about this. I posted this in a Polaris one and some are saying that I'll get "smoked" on the RTX?

:ORC ???????

I am one of the 30 people who viewed it. But- to he honest with you...I put on quite a bit of miles each year and I dont think I have 'ever' even seen a 900 fusion out on the trails. I dont think many of them are out there so races will be few and far between. Now what I have read on internet racing/chatter is that if by chance someone has their Fusion running well...you will have your hands full. But--most say that many or most of the Fusions do not perform up to what was expected. Make sure you let us know how you make out though.

ahicks said:
<<<So I'll take it that in the Yammie forum almost 30 people viewed it and no one has an opinion or knowledge about this. I posted this in a Polaris one and some are saying that I'll get "smoked" on the RTX?>>>

I think the only people that might be interested in the answer are the 2 guys that own the sleds in question. Especially when the same question is posted in so many different places.

The reason for this is that I had to go to Turkey Dinner with the wife and had little time therefore had to resort to multiple postings. Sorry.

I am one of the 30 people who viewed it. But- to he honest with you...I put on quite a bit of miles each year and I dont think I have 'ever' even seen a 900 fusion out on the trails. I dont think many of them are out there so races will be few and far between. Now what I have read on internet racing/chatter is that if by chance someone has their Fusion running well...you will have your hands full. But--most say that many or most of the Fusions do not perform up to what was expected. Make sure you let us know how you make out though.[/quote]

Thanks for your honesty, that's what I wanted. I know we all love our sleds but I just wanted to see what is real.....i.e. when I see my cousin will his sled a.) smoke me b.) I smoke him or c.) be close. It's funny, I've been on this webite now for about 2 months (rookie) and today was the first day I've checked out another sled's site. Wow, there is some venom between sled's. They were talking like they could just walk all over my sled.
Funny how the picture as so blurred depending on which way you look at it.

Like eveyone say's......just my two cents.

Sean

Check out the funny Polaris posts if you want.
LINK removed we do not allow links to competitor sites...Convert

Well I have 2 buddies that have the 900 Polaris and with all the updates and pipes and clutch work, they are very fast. I would say depending on what he has done and if it is tuned optimally you will definitely have your hands full. The one buddy has a Hot seat pipe, clutch kit (can't remember who's kit), has changed gearing and has had all updates, and has repeatedly handed MachZ 1000's there A**. Now these guys live and breathe Polaris and really know how to make them run. We have dialed my 700 XCSP so well it has absolutely no problem out running my Attak up to 100mph,after that the XC is done, but my XC also has no problem with stock 900 Zr's. Does the name Doug Flannery (Flannery's Performance) ring any bells? We are all aquaintences of Doug and the other two guys are good friends of Doug's and believe me Doug know how to get a Polaris to run. Now with all that being said I doubt he has his dialed in as good as these guys, but just letting you know if he does you very easily could lose. Gene

I ride with a guy that has a 900 fusion...We were running 2000ft radar run's on the lake. The fusion ran 109mph..A stock 01 srx ran 108mph, stock zr900 ran 109mph..Older stock 900 thundercat ran 109mph..Stock 03 f5 ran 94mph. I was really suprised that the fusion ran 109mph to be honest with ya, my buddy that owns it has had nothing and I mean nothing but problems with it, he is so discussed with it and is stuck with it, he's had it at the dealer so many times its not even funny!! He went to trade it in and they only offfered him $3500.00 for it and he paid like ten grand for it the year before....PS...My 03 rx1 on low boost ran 122mph... :flag:

A guy who rides with us has a Clutched 900 Fusion.. My son's STOCK MXZ 600 Summitt will beat it everytime in 660'. After about 800', the Fusion will inch by him.. All the other sleds in our group beat the Fusion by quite a few sled lengths....

my father has a fusion swichback900 144 i just got a 08 apex ltx with a 1.5 and i smoke him dead take off or rolling dont matter, I belive the fusion is 06

Back