• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 apex bars on a viper

nodoo_s

Extreme
just wondering if a viper grips are wired different than the apex's? basically i bought a set of 06 bars and was going to try them on my viper but before i start splicing wires just wanted to know if someone with more experience thinks this would work or i'm wasting my time? thanks for any info.

Can't speak for the Apex but I put an '06 Nytro bar on my '05 Vector. The Vector (and your Viper) grips are wired in series and the Nytro was wired in parallel. No big deal, I cut the plugs off the grips and installed male and female bullet connectors and plugged them in parallel and they work. However they are not anywhere near as warm as your Viper grips. It is obvious why the '06's have the update.

The update kit puts the grips back to being wired in series.

nodoo_s said:
so are you saying they will work about as good as they did on the apex or better?

The '06 warmers work poor. The aluminum hooks are not heated and they suck the heat out of the grips. I usually kept my Vector heaters on 1 or 2 notches if on at all. Now I keep them on high just to feel some warmth with the '06 bars. There is a huge difference.

They work perfect on a viper, you wire them just like the viper grips. Maxdlx

no, the plug connectors are different and will need to be changed. they changed the wiring setup starting with the '06 model year. easy job though.

I think you got the fact that the Grip Warmers will work, if you wire them in series. However, they do not work as well as what you have because the hooks are not heated and act as a heat sink to draw the heat away from your hands. This lack of heat problem does not go away, even if you wire them in series.

Len Todd said:
I think you got the fact that the Grip Warmers will work, if you wire them in series. However, they do not work as well as what you have because the hooks are not heated and act as a heat sink to draw the heat away from your hands. This lack of heat problem does not go away, even if you wire them in series.

Correct. Warmers suck. Also, the wires on the '06 bar are all black but there are two wires going to each grip just like the Viper. Once you cut the plugs off and separate the wires, use bullet style connectors to match your sled and plug them in series like the Viper grips. The left and right grips will be plugged together (one male, one female connector) on two wires, then the other two connectors will be plugged into the sled so power flows through the left grip, over to the right, then back to the sled. Easy when you look at the sled wiring that you have now and the new bar.

fantastic, thanks! I will post my success or failure when I can get this done, tough with a new baby in the house but I will try ;)

Back