• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Apex GT intermittent No Start???

slast

Extreme
Guys,

On the weekend i went to start my 06 Apex GT. When I turned the key on, I could hear the fuel pump pressurizing. I turned the key and heard only 1 click. There was no code on the display other than the check engine symbol.

I then brought it into a heated garage and it fired up about an hour later. The battery was charged and i pulled each relay located near the left footwell one at a time and did not reproduce the issue. We left the sled in the heated garage to dry out....figuring it was moisture.

Then we put it outside for the night and this morning....same thing.....click.

Any ideas as to what this might be?
Is there a starter relay somewhere else that we should check?
Could it be the starter or solenoid that is freezing up and needs to be replaced?

Note: My fiancee drives this sled, and while she does not follow close at all, I assume she still rides in the snow dust.

Thanks,
Steve

Also, can someone tell me where the starter is mounted? I believe the battery is located under the air box as is the starter relay....going to look at that tonight.

Steve

Check the starter relay. This is located beside the battery. It will have 2-30amp fuses mounted with it.
My Vector was doing the same thing. Changed the relay and this fixed the problem.
The starter is located behind the battery.

the starter relay is most likely the issue i had the same thing it can get coroder and work intermitently. it is mounted to your batery box by way of a rubber push on mounting. your starter is down underneath the batery box but is most likely okay the most common failer of that starter is berring failer. if you jump the starter relay betweem the two large wires and it still dont crank then the starter is the only thin left is the starting circuit thou.

thor452...thanks.

Can i get to the starter relay by just removing the ride side panel, or do i have to take the headlight pod, then air box off first?

Thanks,
Steve

slast said:
thor452...thanks.

Can i get to the starter relay by just removing the ride side panel, or do i have to take the headlight pod, then air box off first?

Thanks,
Steve
X3 on what the above guys said....just went thru this. You have to remove the airbox. Also worth noting to check grounds in the 3 plugs taped up on the left side of steering gate. Others have had issues with these, but mine were ok

Just wanted to provide a followup on the issue in case this post is helpful for anyone else in the future.

I removed the starter relay, cleaned all the contacts, applied di-electric grease to the contacts, and installed a new starter relay since i had it apart already. I put it all back together and it fired right up in the heated garage (expected). Then I put the sled outside last night and tried to start it this morning. It fired right up. So here's hoping that the problem is fixed. It wasn't the coldest of nights so we'll see how it behaves on colder nights.

NOTE: I had the battery tested by a dealer and it checked out ok.

Thanks for all the responses.....I had never heard about issues with the starter relay before.

Cheers,
Steve

Had the same problem on my Warrior. It was intermittent on a cold start. Never did it warm. Replaced with a new starter solenoid by the battery, problem solved.

my 07 would not start some time seemed like when ever it wanted to not start but almost always after sitting but always clicked. mine was covered under yes so i let the dealer figure it out and that was what it was. glad it helped hope it stays fixed.

Back