• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Apex RTX vs. F7

Apex2006RTX

Extreme
Just bought the apex and wanted to know how should it run againaist a stock F7 both the carb. and fuel injected models. The apex is still stock. Needs to be in front of them.lol

No need to worry about that race unless it is in deep powder where the Apex sucks.

if its a SNOPRO it has a 1.375 track which really hooks up,it will give you more of a run.if not,you should be able to take him out,,given you have good TRACTION and TRANSFER SET-UP! spinnin aint winnin!

The wife (125lbs) had an 05 F7 FI so we have run them often. As mentioned above traction is key. I (250lbs) would have trouble (when my Apex was stock) with the F7 if we were in deep powder or even that wet/heavy/slushy snow. The races were a toss up in those conditions. On the wet/heavy/sluchy stuff she would inch by me on top. On hardpack the Apex seemed to handle the F7 just fine. Take nothing away from the F7's...they are fast sleds.

At our fall grass drags even the rx1's roast them. Haven't seen an exceptional F7 yet around here. But in anything loose? Apex's have trouble. Just like my old Machz triples. The laws of physics are hard to overcome.

From what I’ve seen, some catowners really know how to tune their sleds which separates the fast ones to the slow ones. Gotta really watch the ones with advanced ECUs at some drag racing events. May not be trail worthy, but they’re fast as hell.

Dan

i was told the 03 and 04'(mostly 03') were had to beat if it was tuned right or the apex would have to be in very good running shape. never tried one so dont know(personally i dont care either lol)

mikystyle said:
Whatch out for the '03 F7s. Those are quick

That's what everyone says, but I have a neighbor kid down the road that has one.....clean 2003 green snopro with the 1.375" track....our Vipers beat him in any distance. Crazy, but true.

I have raced a ton of them.. If you have a worn belt or bad traction you will loose.. Dont be fooled they have similar power to weight ratios..

Stay on hard packed when racing.. If you are in loose pack you will spin and LOSE..

Stock for stock the apex should beat it pretty good.. If its clutched, piped, timing key etc.. it will be up to the driver..

9 out of ten times an apex will win

My father had an 03 F7 EFI stock. If I raced it vs. my brother's 06 Apex ER also stock, I could take him but it was close. Top end, I had him 112 to his 110-111mph GPS. That was lake racing with about 5" of crusty stuff on top.

Dad got an Apex last year ;) He had enough of the ditch banging F7 and got a lil' better ride from the apex.

Back