• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 nytro help

Now again, this is my first yammy sled so I’m not going to claim what’s right or wrong with it but I’m a mechanic by trade so when I saw the “test sweep” I never gave it a second thought at all.

Ok, good. On my multimeter, 000 is 100% continuity. Not sure what .2 means on yours....?
Same. It’s pretty well the resistance through the meter leads. It’s about as close to zero resistance as can be expected

Disregard what I said about the sweep. Didn't register in my brain you have an 06 RS Nytro. I was thinking the newer FX Nytro with a pod. My bad.

However, the suggestions and diagnostics are correct.

Disregard what I said about the sweep. Didn't register in my brain you have an 06 RS Nytro. I was thinking the newer FX Nytro with a pod. My bad.

However, the suggestions and diagnostics are correct.
Ok, I thought it was supposed to.
I’m down to the thought of pulling the motor again and seeing if there’s possibly something mechanically wrong in the stator housing. I’ve tried everything else I can think of

The chocolat colour wire at the meter plug should have continuity to ground, or you could check continuity to the chocolat wire at the plug for the speed sensor as this is the same wire.

The chocolat colour wire at the meter plug should have continuity to ground, or you could check continuity to the chocolat wire at the plug for the speed sensor as this is the same wire.
The chocolate wires go into a couple of ground blocks throughout the harness. They are all good with low resistance. I’ve seen in other forums that those seem to be a pretty common problem. Really appreciate the suggestion though

I thought I had replied to this earlier. Sorry....
All grounds checked out good. Is it possible the pulsar coil could send enough signal for the ecu to fire and run the engine but be out of spec enough to not run the tach? Maybe I’m right out to left field but at the point I’m grasping to try to set this right. I’d really like to trade it on a phazer for my young lad (we bought a new sled and this is way too much for him) but I don’t want to unload this as it is. Wouldn’t feel right about it.

Back