• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Nytro pull start?

Lakehouse2021

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'95 Vmax 600
14 Skidoo Renegade X 1200
Is there any option for putting a manual pull start on an 06 Nytro? I've read the horror stories of being stranded on the trail. thinking that 90 degrees in August is a better time to discuss ans possibly mod the new sled.

never seen a kit but there have been a few guys who pull started them with a rope or strap off of the primary clutch.

never seen a kit but there have been a few guys who pull started them with a rope or strap off of the primary clutch.
Thank you Gentlemen, I figured that was the answer

We have found after owning 5 Yamaha four strokes, carrying micro jumper cables eliminated any worries. A jump pack may be another option.

I have only really had issues when machines have sat outside in -20f or colder. And no pull start backup is not just a Yamaha thing anymore. I had two buddies with 800 and 850 ETEC's in MI have starters crap out. They had to clutch start both of them multiple times. Of course SkiDoo offers a pull start option.

Pull starting a four stroke is not easy. I do not wish it upon anyone. I've only clutch started a phazer four stroke.

We have found after owning 5 Yamaha four strokes, carrying micro jumper cables eliminated any worries. A jump pack may be another option.

I have only really had issues when machines have sat outside in -20f or colder. And no pull start backup is not just a Yamaha thing anymore. I had two buddies with 800 and 850 ETEC's in MI have starters crap out. They had to clutch start both of them multiple times. Of course SkiDoo offers a pull start option.

Pull starting a four stroke is not easy. I do not wish it upon anyone. I've only clutch started a phazer four stroke.
My skidoo buddy said he will carry a set of cables for me in case I need them.... Thanks!

I let my buddy who hates pull starting his doo 'borrow' my jump pack whenever we go out. So far, I haven't needed it.

Back