• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Vector GT or 06 Nytro for the wife?

Which sled for the wife?

• 06 Vector GT - 500 miles $6300

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 06 Nytro - New 0 miles - $5,900

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

IFlyEm

Expert
Ok just when I was ready to buy the wife a used 06 Vector GT with 500 miles when the dealer drops a "new in crate" 06 Nytro for $400 less on me. :o| I have never ridden a Nytro. Would the ride be quite a bit rougher then the Vector? Would it be a good sled for a strictly trail riding wife? I want to make sure shes happy or my sledding day is will be cut short. Anything to be concerned about out of the box with this sled?

I nytro'd up my wifes 05 vector, if you can soften the suspension up some, i would say definately the nytro.... the ergos are a ton better, just be ready to change the windy for a taller one....

I cant believe so many have voted for the GT... I have heard it is an awsome handling sled, and mabye that is why so many voted for it.. but i feel the ergos of the Nytro would be better and easier on the back..

Sorry, but I wouldn't get either. It's only my opinion, but if I was going to buy a new sled, I'd spring for a bit more and get one with a fuel injected engine.

Jon

My wife had an 06 Nytro, sold it last year, but when we looked at sleds she sat on both the Vector & Nytro, and liked the Nytro position much better then the Vector, but my wife does do alot of stand up riding.

We looked last year, thinking Vector or Nytro, bought an Attak instead. The decision was based on riding position only, if we waited until this year she would be on a Vector LTX. That being said given your choices, my vote is for the Nytro.

Nytro: As said before, for a more trailable ride, a larger windy is needed, this thing that comes with it doesnt do anything for wind protection. Plus your wife would look cool with that sled!

My wife hated the vector, preferred the Rx-1... That being said she will get her favorite sled this year, 600 sdi Renegade.

STAY AWAY FROM THE ENGLEHARDT CENTER IN MADISON if you plan on getting a properly setup sled. These guys are all about quanity, shoving sleds out the door as fast as they can. I bought a new 06 nytro from them. Hell they had the handlebar riser on backwards, among many other things. I had to take it to a different dealer, that couldnt match englehardts price, just to get the sled set-up right. I am now friends with the guy at the service desk at this other dealer and he has told me that my sled isnt the first to have been brought to them to be fixed cuz englehardt didnt set-up properly. In the end, it cost me MORE to buy from englehardt.

To be honest, I think we better hear about how your wife likes to ride before we offer any advice. Is she a high mile rider? Does she prefer to be first across the lake? Does she complain when the trail turns rough or say "bring it on!" Does she complain about not having reverse or does she consider that unnecessary extra weight? Does she head off trail and hit jumps, or stay strickly on the trail?

Answer these questions and I bet the site members can give you some really good advice. ;)!

IFlyEm said:
Did you take it to Rock River Powersports?

Yes, Rock River Powersports is the place that helped me out. I dont have much experince with them cuz I was always a Polaris guy before the Nytro. But they have done me right so far. The old guy salesman doesnt always know what he talking about, so deal with the owner(seems like a real nice guy) or Nick at the service counter. Nick seems to know what is going on. Nick seems grumpy at first, but he knows his stuff pretty good.

What dealership were you dealing with?

Well we pulled the trigger on the Nytro. It looks really nice and we were able to get a good deal on an extended warranty. I got it from Rock River Powersports. They seemed very decent to work with. I pick it up tomorrow. I told them to set it up as soft as possible so we'll see. :)

Back