• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 venture rst90 tunnel protection

ontariosledder

Veteran
hi,
i am new to your site. i have a 06 venture rst90 two up. i want to stud my track. i have 96 woodys 1.375s . i am told i need tunnel protection for my sled. i am looking for info on what i need and whats involved with the task. i have looked at the tunnel and imagine the protectors are about 2 1/2 in thick or have stand offs to protect the tunnel and exhaust. any help is greatly appreciated . thanking all who reply in advance.
Best Regards

ontariosledder said:
hi,
i am new to your site. i have a 06 venture rst90 two up. i want to stud my track. i have 96 woodys 1.375s . i am told i need tunnel protection for my sled. i am looking for info on what i need and whats involved with the task. i have looked at the tunnel and imagine the protectors are about 2 1/2 in thick or have stand offs to protect the tunnel and exhaust. any help is greatly appreciated . thanking all who reply in advance.
Best Regards

This is above in the sticky's and may offer some tips/help OS?
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=105405

This may also help, TY TECH above.
http://www.totallyamaha.com/Totallyamah ... Index.html

Also try a Google search and you will likely get some info that was posted here sometime.

Good Luck, and welcome to the site ;)!

thanks Irv.

i did read the stickys before posting. i still wouldnt mind hearing from someone who has added the tunnel protectors them selves on a venture. thanks

Best Regards

I just added tunnel protectors to my 2007 venture. Bought them from a dealer and they come with pretty good instructions. The holes are pre drilled in the tunnel and just have to rivet the protectors on. You must drop the track and take the seat off. The protectors from the dealer also protect the front heat exchanger which is ideal. Be careful with the front outside rivets around the gas tank as they are close but do fit. Do not drill around these holes as you will hit the gas tank. Ideally you would take the gas tank of as well but that is quite a job.

thanks for the info. please give me an idea of how long the whole job took? a day a weekend? i dont want to pay the dealer $250. to install these things the parts alone are $250. thanks
Best Regards

The job can be done in a day. It does not take long to drop the track with just 4 bolts to remove. The seat takes a bit longer as lots of stuff on the rear seat to remove. Probably took me about 4 hours and this is my first time taking a snowmobile apart. Everything except the front brackets for the protectors is pre-drilled. You do have to take the muffler off but that is easy to do. My sled is at the cottage so I cannot send a pic for awhile.

stubby said:
The job can be done in a day. It does not take long to drop the track with just 4 bolts to remove. The seat takes a bit longer as lots of stuff on the rear seat to remove. Probably took me about 4 hours and this is my first time taking a snowmobile apart. Everything except the front brackets for the protectors is pre-drilled. You do have to take the muffler off but that is easy to do. My sled is at the cottage so I cannot send a pic for awhile.

You do mean skid, right, and not the track?

Just don't want OS thinking he has to remove the track to get this work done ;)!

thanks guys i have a way better idea of what i need to do, i am sure i can tackle this myself over a weekend, on a side note i found yamaha tunnel protectors sma-8et21-50-01 for $120.oo delivered from a yamaha dealer in california. half price. man do we get reamed here. thanks Irv, Stubby hope i can help you out in the future.

Back