• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 attak rear shock replacement options

greenenvy1

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 SR viper mtx 141
2013 Apex eps (wife's current)
2007 Attak (mine last season, sold to oldest son)
1994 vmax 600 (middle son)
2005 Venture RS ( now a rental unit)
2009 Phazer RTX (wife's, sold)
The ohlins on my attak needs a rebuild and the wires are pulled out of the servo. Anyone replaced this shock with something else? Even just a short term solution? Think I have a good shock from a srx laying around. Maybe a fox float from a cat xf800 as well. I'll have to measure them up. Any feedback appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

The ohlins on my attak needs a rebuild and the wires are pulled out of the servo. Anyone replaced this shock with something else? Even just a short term solution? Think I have a good shock from a srx laying around. Maybe a fox float from a cat xf800 as well. I'll have to measure them up. Any feedback appreciated.

Check with Barn of Parts for solenoid. I had my shock rebuilt locally and had a roller set added to keep the shock mount from rubbing. About $150 US total with solenoid. Also put a nylon sheath around wiring to help with ice build up. Great how to on here about running wiring so it will not pull out. 2 years no problems.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Good to know.
Thanks

I have tons of miles on my 2007 Attak GT. Instead of rebuilding the rear Ohlins for the umteenth time I chose to buy a brand new leftover Ohlins from a dealer off of ebay this winter. I have already changed the wire harness once.

2 weeks ago I rode on my annual UP of Michigan trip. It appears my cable is severed again being it would not adjust. Don (VX1R) was along on my trip with his new custom Sidewinder as seen on this website. He brought along the fella that bought his wife's former 136 Apex/Attak GT that was also customized out. That one has front and rear Ohlins. I plan on doing what Don did to that Apex rear shock. He sent it up to Mike Carver from Carver Performance in northern,Mn.
He replaces the electronic solenoid with a manual adjusting valve. You set it to your rider weight and you are done. You can pull the wire harness back to disable the electronic control.

In theory it was a nice idea but over the years many folks dealt with the same issue. Ice builds up underneath and from movement it can destroy the cable. I am the only one that rides my sled so setting it and forgetting about fiddling suits me just fine.

What setting does the shock go to if/when the wire fails? My wire took an “L” earlier this year

What is a fair rate to have one of these ohlins rebuilt? Local guy has a freshly rebuilt one on hand and wants $600 Canadian. Same shop charges $210 plus parts to service a shock.

I had mine rebuilt and mounted back on the spring with a new solenoid installed for $60 us

What is a fair rate to have one of these ohlins rebuilt? Local guy has a freshly rebuilt one on hand and wants $600 Canadian. Same shop charges $210 plus parts to service a shock.

Not sure up there, the guy down here to use is that Carver Perf. I mentioned. I think there are a few others around me too. I would ask around if you have anyone close that can service Ohlins but I will tell you the parts for them are not cheap.

I have had several Apex with the Ohlins in it ..great shock. I ordered a new solenoid from ohlins in the US and they shipped it direct for $100 . Bust out the old one and and shove in the new. I was paying $60 ca to rebuild the shock locally at http://www.peakvelocity.ca/suspension.htm and there is http://www.shocktec.ca/. Both will ship shocks.I would get it rebuilt. If you want to replace it you can put a Elka on it . They cost $520 ca. I had to replace the air shock on my SE to ruff of a ride .

What's the part number for the servo to order it from ohlins?

Attachments

• Ohlins Shock Wire routing.pdf
    254.3 KB · Views: 225

Back