• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 apex Ltxgt

Crankster

Ha guys am looking what to do on my sled its bone stock..looking for a little more punch.. I just purchased a terminator clutch kit from 2cool any other ideas. Am running with a couple other guys that have the same sleds that are stock..Time to move up in the pack..

I would recommend spending the money on making your sled "handle better". This will make you a faster rider. Look at your ski setup, suspension, & track setup.

You can add a bunch of add-ons to the sled and you might gain a little on your group, but the sled is already so fast that the changes are generally marginal. Some cheaper upgrades to do would be the CR10EK spark plugs (about $30), Dupont Hyfax, better skis with carbides will help you ride faster in the corners. (We use Powder Pro's with Bergstrom Carbides) ($500 for entire setup), Pipe & Power Commander (Ranges from $500-$800). The sleds we have running the Ice Attak XT 1.25 track with the built in studs seem to hook up faster and push harder in the looser snow too. (About $600)

From things I have heard on here, I would avoid the airbox mod.

You can spend about $2000 and have a really nice handing sled that will be a bit faster.

The next level would be trying to locate the YamaCharger. They are about $2100-$3000 as a bolt on item. I am not sure if they are still available.

If you are looking for a huge boost, you need to go to the super charger / turbo market. You will get crazy results there and you will spend from $5000-$12000 extra to get into the 250-300hp range.

Your best bet would be to contact Ulmer Racing. They are pretty good at getting you what you need.

Crankster said:
Ha guys am looking what to do on my sled its bone stock..looking for a little more punch.. I just purchased a terminator clutch kit from 2cool any other ideas. Am running with a couple other guys that have the same sleds that are stock..Time to move up in the pack..

I am pretty sure you will find very little difference between that kit and your stock set up??

Ulmer all the way imo. ;)!

Thx guys sounds like I maybe wasted some money...I have been reading about bergstrom and do they work good on stock skies..I understand u should shim them? Is this correct. Is it worth maybe re gearing or is that also a waist.
Thx again

I agree with most get your set up right for handleing and you will be most impressed and your trail speed will increase. See my posts and my struggles with set up and handleing. I love they way my sled handles now and my buds can't keep up! ;)!

here's some things you can do that picked my 08 ltx gt 8 mph over stock. pull up your limiter strap(free), it takes drag away from the sliders up front. cut out your airbox and install a slp cold air intake $50. lower your front suspension(free). check out some posts in apex general talk. I've described everything I did to make my sled do 127.6mph in 3000' before I installed my supercharger. it's easy if you don't mind trying different things on your sled to see what works best for you.

Attachments

• apex 127.6 top speed.jpg
    apex 127.6 top speed.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 93
kuvasz said:
here's some things you can do that picked my 08 ltx gt 8 mph over stock. pull up your limiter strap(free), it takes drag away from the sliders up front. cut out your airbox and install a slp cold air intake $50. lower your front suspension(free). check out some posts in apex general talk. I've described everything I did to make my sled do 127.6mph in 3000' before I installed my supercharger. it's easy if you don't mind trying different things on your sled to see what works best for you.

That's impressive, especially since you said it was before you supercharged it! ;)!

Back