• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 nytro probem cant figure it out/can you?

any pictures of the exchanger?

here is a picture of a head gasket job.

here is one of a plugged radiator that a TY member posted:

next time copy the IMG code and past it to TY and the picture will be displayed rather than the link.

You need to get that out of there. I'd use a cutoff wheel to remove it but you may need to get the track out of the way to reach it. Removing the track is easier than removing the exchanger.

turbo_420a said:
ok well say I just want to replace the exchanger, how do you do it?

The sled is built around the exchanger. If it is bad you might be better off putting a mountain cooler in and bypassing the main cooler for this season.

And I second Grizz, that hint needs to come out, it is blocking most of what little cooling these sleds have.

I'd cut the plate out if the exchanger is not leaking to see if the problem is cured. Replacing an exchanger on a Nytro is probably the most time consuming job you can do on these sleds. I believe the easiest way is to remove one of the side plates. Look at the picture with the engine out, the orange rag is hanging off of one of the plates. The track will also need to come out to drill out rivets. Use multigrip rivets to reassemble it and a pneumatic rivet gun is vary helpful when reinstalling these rivets. If I every do one again I'll make sure to do a write up.

The bad thing is that the engine was overheated, maybe several times and you might still be looking at a head gasket job after you replace the exchanger. The time to replace the heat exchanger would be when the engine is out doing the head gasket replacement.

If your talking about the tubes welded to the heat exchanger they're there for stud protection and can remain on.

ok yea I have no use for studs and if it will help cool better ill also remove them. how thick are these coolers? does anyone have a link to were I can buy the mountain cooler. also im going to run the mountain thermostat to help keep cool.

turbo_420a said:
ok yea I have no use for studs and if it will help cool better ill also remove them. how thick are these coolers? does anyone have a link to were I can buy the mountain cooler. also im going to run the mountain thermostat to help keep cool.

Look up MountainTech or pm me. I just out one in my sled after overheating all year last year. This year I went for a 15 mile ride on the scraped roads with my kid and never saw over 172 on the guage.

Back