• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 nytro probem cant figure it out/can you?

It mounts just to the outside of the tunnel protector on the oil tank side of the sled. Easy instal, I didn't even take out the skid just dropped the back.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 65

Ok, I have no idea where the pic of the sled came from, it's not mine and I've never seen it before. And I only ment to add one pic. Weird!!

A few hours. You have to pull the tank and plastics and seat, the holes for the hoses are already on the sled, they are just covered by a plate with 2 rivets.

Thanks!! Nice to know, I'm thinking of super charging next year and that would be a "must do" for an S/C. Don't want to hijack this thread...

The radiator fan kicks on at 200 F and the warning light comes on at 210 F so I would say running an average temperature somewhere below the 200 mark is OK. I believe most Nytro's run between 165 and 190 depending on conditions. Adding an additional exchanger will drop the running temp by several degrees.

Remember, if the antifreeze is pushed out of the system there is nothing for the sensor to read so the temperature reading will fall. This is a big problem when the system drops the fluid quickly like when a heat exchanger is severally damaged by a rock or stud going through it. The fluid is lost so quickly the sensor doesn't have time to react before it's to late and overheating occurs.

I did the Mountain tech cooler install. Most difficult part was getting the bottom hose on the engine.(silicone lube is the answer) I wanted it to help prevent overtemp warning light coming on while trail riding. Success so far. I think I read here the temp drop is 7 degrees from this cooler.

yamabrute said:
I did the Mountain tech cooler install. Most difficult part was getting the bottom hose on the engine.(silicone lube is the answer) I wanted it to help prevent overtemp warning light coming on while trail riding. Success so far. I think I read here the temp drop is 7 degrees from this cooler.

Wetting the hose ends with coolant normally works well.

I pulled the plate out last night and took the sled for a ride about 2 hours long temperature was 10 degrees and the slide ran great average temp was 180 to 190, it topped out at 200 degrees but was responsive when getting into deeper snow temp drop right back down I was happy. Until this morning I noticed the reservoir was full and the radiator was low on coolant again can not figure this out. I did a black check test and it came back negative ran the sled with tool installed for multiple heat cycles for 20 minutes the die never change colors I agree with grid is that if coolant level is low sensor cannot read correctly. Confused at this point not sure why this is happening and I'm ready to drop this off at the dealer and let them handle it the expensive way. I've done all the tests that they have recommended and at this point non point twards a head gasket. Starting to believe the cooling is not being allowed to be drawn back into the system after it cools down?????

Everything you've described so far points to the head gasket. Wish you were a little closer so I could help out.

Back