• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 RTX Fox Float Questions

Jimdevjr

Veteran
Bought the sled for my wife. Approximately 140lb rider. I understand the sled comes with a pump?? Fox Float HP Pump?? Not sure, but mine didn't come with one at all. What should I do to get one? Also, it appears the pump has a gage on it to read pressure. What pressure should I be running given that she is a newbie, lighter rider??

Thanks for the input

could probably start around 50 psi. then ask her how she likes the setting.

i think you can get it from yamaha as an accessory? il try to find where i saw it. Where are you located?

8GT-F3703-00, it was in the parts diagram for some reason. Hope that helps

Seattle Sports Plaza has them for around $28. I think i'll be ordering a set of Floats and the pump from them. They have the lowest price I've seen on them. $195/piece.

The Range is 50 psi min to 150 psi max (recommended 70 psi) per manual
(for a 140 lb rider, I'd start out at the 50 psi for sure)

This is all measured with shocks fully extended and not supporting any weight.

You can get a Pump for pretty reasonable at any local Bike shop (mountain bike shocks use the same pump)

Price point sells them pretty cheap

Good luck and Happy sledding

Jeffz,
I checked and you're right, that is a good price. I'm guessing those are the original Fox Floats. Anyone know how much of a difference there is between those and the newer FOx Float 2's? Looks like a pair of the 2's run about $600.

You could always buy the Floats and get some add-on resivoirs. I've read good things about doing that.

Float2's have internal spring which allows ride hieght to be lower at same psi and they also have a bumpstop unlike older floats.I have a old set on the way and I plan to add compression adjustable bottles to them and see how they work.If they dont work I can use them on my quad for Ice and TT.

From what I was told is the Float 2's have 2 stage valving also. You can upgrade the Float 1 shocks but its about 300$ to do so.

blueironranger said:
From what I was told is the Float 2's have 2 stage valving also. You can upgrade the Float 1 shocks but its about 300$ to do so.

300 each or for both?

Back