• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

'08 Vector Accessories

Hey metallicat - I see you went with the mid high wind shield. How is that for blocking wind? Are you satisfied or recommend the high shield? Any one else have recomendations? Don't want to look to dorky but also don't like the wind hitting me.

salestim said:
Hey metallicat - I see you went with the mid high wind shield. How is that for blocking wind? Are you satisfied or recommend the high shield? Any one else have recomendations? Don't want to look to dorky but also don't like the wind hitting me.

The wind still whips around and hits me square in the middle of my back, right between my shoulder blades. Plus my knees still feel the cold air with the mid-shield. This is only an issue at higher speeds in the sub 20 deg F temps. The Vec is indeed a cold ride when the temps dip below 15 deg F. I just dress for the wind now, wearing inner thermals plus outer synthetic liners plus snow pants and jacket. If you are looking for warmth then the tall shield might help some...not sure as I've never tried one.

Anyone have any pics "handy" of installed handguards/wind covers? Thinking about a set of the red or black ones for my '08 Vector LTX.

$65 on the Yamaha website...

PS: Yeah, I have the red/white/black model. :)

Pics?

Here's a set of PowerMadd

DSC00910.jpg

and a set of the Yamaha hand guards

DSC01213.jpg

Thanks, I like the looks of them and they can't hurt to keep the hands warm, either. That's it...down to the dealer tomorrow. ;)!

On my LTX GT I have;

- Blue skidplate (Skidplate is a must IMO...)
- Nose-bag (Nice additional carrying space...)
- Windshield-bag (For charging the cell-phone while riding...)
- Handlebar-bag (For the water-bottle and candy-bars...)
- Handlebar-pad (To hide the hiddious grey cable-wraps...)
- Ice-scratchers (A must with the 1,75" lugs...)
- 1,75" Back Country track (A must for the deep powder days...)
- Ski-doo Extroverts (Worth every penny...)
- Hitch-kit (Needed for towing a sleigh, our small groomer, or a buddy...)

Now, if only someone would send me a few feet of snow... LOL :letsnow:
What did you have to do to make the 1.75" track fit? Did you have to take off the tunnel protectors? And do you like it better than the stock 1.25" track?

Back