• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 Apex - Track replacement need help with tightening bolt

rkkoeb

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
None right now
So I am going to replace my track on my 09 apex plus bearings in chain case. I believe the large nut of the shaft in the chain case is a 36MM but what tool do I need for the nut behind the secondary clutch on the jack shaft? I heard there is a special tool you need to tight and remove this nut. Any help would be great

So I am going to replace my track on my 09 apex plus bearings in chain case. I believe the large nut of the shaft in the chain case is a 36MM but what tool do I need for the nut behind the secondary clutch on the jack shaft? I heard there is a special tool you need to tight and remove this nut. Any help would be great
i use a big crescent wrench(adjustable wrench) and pry bar in clutch to hold it

I am more concern about how to get the nut off of the clutch side

This is the nut on the back side of the bearing on the split collar. I was told there is a special tool to tighten the slit collar with the nut

never owned the tool myself. you are probably looking for a spanner wrench like the one for adjusting coilover shock springs. i tend to use a hammer and punch/chisel on my stuff and have not had one come loose yet.

I used a spanner wrench.

any other thoughts about that tool
that tool pictured will not work, you cant get that tool over the jackshaft, use a spanner wrench, leave the secondary on and use that to turn and loosen nut, same with install.

In your toolkit there is a spanner wrench to adjust the transfer rod in the rear skid. That tool also works on the collar of the jackshaft you mention.

The big nut in the chain case can be taken off with a crescent wrench. Put crescent wrench on driveshaft to prevent from turning, then another to take the 36mm nut off.

Back