• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 FX Nytro Help

T T Bone

Extreme
:o| Newbe to all the adjustments these sleds have. I am 210 lbs and want to set the suspension best for me. I have the frt upper clickers set on hard. What about the bottom compression? The frt limit straps are already all the way out new?
What about the middle shock adjustments? compression and rebound? Should I add preload to the center shock? I have the rear torsion set at soft. I have USI 201 skis with shaper bars. No studs.The issues that make me think I need adjustments made are. The machine is very hard to turn, rough ride. One issue I had and I have not road since I fixed it was when I replaced the skis I installed the longer sleeves on the outside of the spindle widening the skis out and that made the sled very tipping. I hope that is fixed now because it was never like that? I have only put 440 miles on the sled. I am still getting used to the ride height. what else should I do? Thank you for the help ;)! Happy New Year :jump:

Unfortunately, for the price we pay for our sleds, the suspension is mediocre at best. I would suggest putting your torsion springs at least up to medium, and preloading the middle and front shocks to somewhere between half and 2/3's. (I'm about the same weight as you.)

This year I broke down and had all my shocks reworked by Hygear Suspension, and installed their torsion spacers. The difference, compared to stock, is INCREDIBLE!

T T Bone said:
I looked at the file. Everyone has a xtx. Hopefully there are some more FX guys with suggestions. Thank You.

As far as I know all 09 Nytro's have the "FX" designator. If you would like sled-specific guidance, we need to know the three letter designator (RTX, XTX, MTX), or at least your track length.

??? I think you need to take a closer look at that file, maybe you're not looking at the link I posted.

sr12345 said:
T T Bone said:
I looked at the file. Everyone has a xtx. Hopefully there are some more FX guys with suggestions. Thank You.

As far as I know all 09 Nytro's have the "FX" designator. If you would like sled-specific guidance, we need to know the three letter designator (RTX, XTX, MTX), or at least your track length.

My sled is a FX10Y 121 track. The xtx has a longer track correct? I saw one FX Nytro 08 model? I am missing some? Thanks. 3 days ago we had 6 inches of snow. Now the temp is 60 deg. with tornado warnings. :o|

T T Bone said:
Grimm said:
Here's a link to a thread I started a while ago.
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=62502
Have a look at the XLS file and compare settings.

Look at the first post in the above posted thread link, there are a few 09s posted. I don't know how you're missing it. :dunno: All Nytros from 08-11 are FX.

Back