• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 FX Nytro RTX SE ??

RTX SE

1027-RTX_SE_Racer.JPG

Hey guys check out the skis on the racesled behind the SE in the picture i posted.
Is that a new ski from Yamaha? (i dont know any aftermarket skis that look like that)
I wonder why they dont use it on the SE?

EsonPZ said:
Hey guys check out the skis on the racesled behind the SE in the picture i posted.
Is that a new ski from Yamaha? (i dont know any aftermarket skis that look like that)
I wonder why they dont use it on the SE?

Looks like a stock ski with a different loop.

Correct, if you look closely you will see that it is the same ski bottom. the loop is from USI and it clamps on both sides of the tip. As stated it is a rule to have this feature.

rupprider said:
The "racesled" also has the sway bar hanging down on the left side, not??

Yes - landing on one ski coming off a jump (hitting a burm) can upset the right left balance of the sled with a sway bar on.

The opposite ski goes too high in the air so the ground is then further away - the sled could roll - if the ski is pulled too high by the sway bar.

Not necessary to do on trail sleds. Not sure why they would leave it on - unless he was racing in stock classes.

benny said:
How many people are going to buy that model and then BITCH next year that it is a stiff ride. I,m getting tired of people of who want to be a Rickey Racer, but have the ride quality of a Lazy Boy. May be this will be a good ramp sled for the idiot who put up that post a couple of weeks ago. This site is begining to sound like a bunch of old women at the hair dressers. :o| :o| :o| :o| :o| :o|

Yay...I'm that idiot! maybe note that I did not but my nytro with any intention of jumping ramps with it. I just felt like seeing how it worked and posted honest review of the results.

This nytro will be alot better durability and suspension setup wise for agressive riding. It still will be far from ideal on a ramp situation. No trail sled will ever handle abuse like a real race chassis. Bottom line is that none of these rr type sleds will ever be comparable to a real racer, the cheesburglers that call themselves agressive trail riders in my area would cry if they had to ride a race valved sled for 50miles.

It is nice to see yamaha building a sled that should better suit guys who ride trails agressively. Still this sled will end up with results like the IQ rr, reality is 99% of snowmobilers dont need something like this rtx se offers.

Back