• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 FX Nytro RTX SE ??

While I agree with your statement that most of us non racers will never need a true race suspension. For the record I would not like to ride a sno cross setup for 50 miles on a trial. However I would like the strongest and most capable suspension available. Especially after the ordeals with my current sled. So My response is that I would much rather find that I have to soften the ride then stiffen. Been there done that. It's old. Sign me up for an S.E. trust me I will not be one posting that it's too ruff of a ride.

I also think if they wanted to make it more "racey" they should have given the early "snocheckers" the option for a deeper/more aggressive lug track. Anyone agree?

SnoXer470 said:
I also think if they wanted to make it more "racey" they should have given the early "snocheckers" the option for a deeper/more aggressive lug track. Anyone agree?

I agree!

Or a bigger tank for us XC racers? Oh snap! I mentioned the little tank. I sure hope I don't get suspended again. You know, because everyone rides back east on groomed trails with gas stations every 50 miles. :o|

I like it but I dont care about the skis and track. I just change them... But that sled is not that far of from the -08 RTX for me to give my money away.. New shocks for the -08 are ALOT better spent money IMO.

The clickers on the SOQI shocks are a joke since they really just makes the sled harsher with nothing on the highspeed side. Wy cant they put REAL shocks in the rear aswell... The race team has FOX Zero X back there and Evol in the front... Why not come out with a race shock kit? That would be sweet...

The fact thet the SE doesnt have a track that any sane person would race with on a track is no good if that sled is all that Yamaha will release in that department but I hope there will be a race sled later this summer or so...

Kråkan: The SE has a new SOQI in the rear, with high and lowspeed compression clickers as well as rebound.
But no shock will perform good if it aint valved correctly!
The thing that appeals to me the most about the SE is the new tunnel!

Yep the tunnel would be nice... Of course the shocks has to be revalved for every rider but the quality jus isnt as good as Öhlins, fox etc... And why do they always put the best shocks up front? Maybee because everyone can see them and no one can see the shocks in the skid?

Kråkan --The fact thet the SE doesnt have a track that any sane person would race with on a track is no good if that sled is all that Yamaha will release in that department but I hope there will be a race sled later this summer or so...[/quote][/quote]

That was sort of the point I was trying to make. I mean, to race my sled I have to beg/plead just to bend the rules to put on a 1.75" track simply to be COMPETITIVE in sno-x. That 1.25" track with that much power on a soft sno-x course is useless. Not to mention I actually LOVE my more agressive 1.5 or 1.75" tracks simply for the trail as well. Not a big deal, just an idea/obvservation on my part.

Kråkan said:
I like it but I dont care about the skis and track. I just change them...
But that sled is not that far of from the -08 RTX for me to give my money away.. New shocks for the -08 are ALOT better spent money IMO.
The clickers on the SOQI shocks are a joke since they really just makes the sled harsher with nothing on the highspeed side. Wy cant they put REAL shocks in the rear aswell... The race team has FOX Zero X back there and Evol in the front... Why not come out with a race shock kit? That would be sweet...

The fact thet the SE doesnt have a track that any sane person would race with on a track is no good if that sled is all that Yamaha will release in that department but I hope there will be a race sled later this summer or so...
I agree with this. Im atually relieved to see the 09's are not that much changed from the 08. Revalve the shocks, replace the ball joints and bushings, do the 2.5 mm upper ball joint mod and take a look at that the 09 spindles OR just sell it before the 2010's come out and really break your heart

08 FX Nytro lover said:
Kråkan said:
I like it but I dont care about the skis and track. I just change them...
But that sled is not that far of from the -08 RTX for me to give my money away.. New shocks for the -08 are ALOT better spent money IMO.

I agree with this. Im atually relieved to see the 09's are not that much changed from the 08. Revalve the shocks, replace the ball joints and bushings, do the 2.5 mm upper ball joint mod and take a look at that the 09 spindles OR just sell it before the 2010's come out and really break your heart

I'll second that. I am happy with my 08 and glad they didn't make huge changes...just happy to have such a great sled ;)!

Had I waited another year to purchase a new sled like I orginally planned. I would be at the Yamaha dealer right now ordering the RTX SE. But on a side note, I'm glad I did buy my Nytro this year. We had a pretty decent riding this winter that allowed me to rack up 2600 miles on my Nytro. Had I kept my ol' sled for another season, I'd doubt she'd have made it. I'm pretty much done with riding now. Between gas prices going up and the ol' lady bitching about me being gone all the time is enough for me. It's a shame that towards the end of the season was when I really started to understand how to set up the sled. From here on out, I'm bringing the right tools to help me make adjustments trail side.

I used to say it'll be hard to pull me away from Arctic Cat, but I did it. Now I'm hardpressed to leave Yamaha. So long as they keep producing top quaility sleds that hold up to my type of riding, then I'll keep buying them. My only plans over the summer is have the ball joints replaced and my shocks revalved stiffer. I have no intentions to make my Nytro go faster or look better. She is perfect the way she is now. I still venture over to DooTalk and laugh at the fools that jumped all over that piece of junk XP. It's funny how Ski Doo guys always said us Arctic Cat owners wore blindders all the time. Now I guess they bought the same blindders. I wonder how much the new XP will weigh next year??

Well enough spouting off about how awsome I think these Nytro's are. Hell you guys already know that :jump:

I was expecting a Nytro with a bigger motor. The chasis is great the motor is great but its sort of slow. For a few hundred you can make the 08 just as good as the 09 SE. I wasnt to impressed I guess ill just be bolting on HP. Doo has a 1200 only putting out 130 Yamaha should make a 1200 that puts out 160+

Back