• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 nytro idle HELP!!

So I would like to update the forum on what the issue was. Turns out it was the reluctor ring. I guess it slipped and threw the timing off. I’m not sure how this even happens. If your vipers or nytros will not idle this is definitely something you want to look at. Remove the clutch and pull the stub shaft out and you should see it right away.

If it slipped without the turbo imagine now lol
Great find & post
While your in there checkout the post "clutch rattle" n bonding that stub shaft on
Good luck

So I would like to update the forum on what the issue was. Turns out it was the reluctor ring. I guess it slipped and threw the timing off. I’m not sure how this even happens. If your vipers or nytros will not idle this is definitely something you want to look at. Remove the clutch and pull the stub shaft out and you should see it right away.

Sorry David, If I read this when you first posted it I could have saved you some aggravation instead of finding me later on Facebook. I haven't spent as much time reading here on TY due to recent health issues but you can always PM me with questions in the future.

Fran

I’m having the same issue with my nytro, it will not idle once it is warmed up. I’m thinking this may be the issue with mine; I have put a brand new Stub shaft in and it still won’t idle. I have also checked timing and it is spot on. How would this stub shaft issue cause the timing to be off?

Ive been having the same issue. Doesnt want to idle most of the time. Not always but 90% of the time. Did you check your timing before discovering this? What exactly am i looking for when i remove the reluctor ring?

slipped reluctor ring

Attachments

• viper reluctor timing.jpeg
    viper reluctor timing.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 127

Back