• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 Nytro mtx AC skid install

Hey I just found these pics, never got a e-mail about it. That's what I was wandering on the exhaust, I'm putting a 13 AC skid in mine, knowing what I know now looks like the Polaris skid is the better option, with the longer travel on these skids over the stock things would have to be pretty skinny to get them out the back. I was thinking about redoing the stock header, moving the muffler as far forward as possible and just running pipe to the back, maybe some oval or even rectangle pipe. When you say it bogged was that because of snow restricting the exhaust? I plan on doing something similar on the front end. ZX was talking about using Pro Climb AC spindles, I really like the looks of them, maybe try to modify a set to work along with moving ahead as you did.
I'm getting ready to mount this skid, have the measurements from OFT Mike that they did 7 0r so years ago, have you any more recent info on that or do those still stand good?? Thanks for the pics, big help, the Yamaha stuff is all new to me, but I'm liking it....

I wouldn’t worry much about snow ingestion all I did was put a 90 on muffler pointed down on a 45 deg angle and it works good. I welded a u bolt around my 90 turn down just for added protection in case track contacts it. I found no difference between the 180 turn and just the turn down. Also if you can get it to work I really liked the hushpower 2” muffler part 12012409. It flows straight thru but is almost stock quiet. This is the best muffler I found to date. And make sure you post some pics of your front end when you get it all done.

Hey ZX still working on the 2013 ac skid install. Slow going, I've run into a snag and can't figure out what's going on. Got the skid all rebuilt, new shocks, springs, bushings, painted etc. Located and mounted without the track on, now I've put the track on and in order to mount the front control arms had to raise the rear of the sled 5 ft. off the floor, bolted up the front arms and lowered the back down to bolt it in and can't get the back end down more than 3 plus feet off the floor, the track gets so tight won't go any lower, took the link rod off the back shock to collaps that and makes no diff, check to make sure these are AC 153 rails which they are and the track is the stock Yamaha 153 so I'm trying to figure that out. I used almost the exact same mounting location as the majority of the guys did and same length shocks, 16" Center to center on back and 11.25" up front. The only thing I can see is the front control arm is a different length on this 2013 M8 skid than the earlier AC skids, trying to find one to measure. I haven't forgot about your skid plate and roll over tank just haven't got there yet. I think I'll post this in the AC float threads and see if anyone has an idea.

Sorry I can’t help much. Sounds like you need to double check all measurements sounds way to tight. Sometimes it one simple number off screws things up.

I think I got it figured out, I had set everything up pretty much to measurements people had used for the AC skids under the thought that the 2013 skid would be the same, all the control arms are the same lengths of the earlier float skids but it turns out the rails and where the control arms mount on the rails is different. Through trial and error I've got it where it looks real good and now I'm redoing the reinforcing plates etc. to cover up the the couple extra holes I put in the tunnel to make it work but I think I've got it. Might have helped if I would have found some different year sleds to take some measurements off of, not much around here. Anyway I've got some numbers if anyone runs in to the same problem using a 2013 M8 pro climb skid. From stock mount holes 1.3 in. up and 3.25 in. forward.
I am interested in your skid plate. After seeing what you have to go through to change the oil is crazy. Do you have one in stock or make it when somebody wants one? I built a snowmobile lift and would like to be able to remove the skid plate on the lift if possible or at least access to oil filter and engine drain plug.
I know your using a Polaris skid, any issues with stabbing, I've put on the 2 wheel anti-stab kit and the updated AC rail caps they came out with that are basically the same size as the anti-stab wheels to be safe. Let me know on the skid plate. Supposed to start getting some snow tomorrow!!!

I also have a 4 wheel antistab on my skid so that I do not stab the track. As for the skid plate you would be better to by one off of barn of parts. A vendor on here as I don’t have any left I would have to make a few more and shipping time to the states would be crazy at this time of year.

Back