• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 XTX track suggestions

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
I have a 09 Nytro XTX that now has 6100 miles on her and the track is showing some signs of wear... finally have a few stud tear outs. I was wondering what you guys are putting on for a replacement... I am going to stud again so take that into consideration.

This track has been very good to me and never ate slides... 4300 on the original set.

MrSled said:
I have a 09 Nytro XTX that now has 6100 miles on her and the track is showing some signs of wear... finally have a few stud tear outs. I was wondering what you guys are putting on for a replacement... I am going to stud again so take that into consideration.

This track has been very good to me and never ate slides... 4300 on the original set.

I'm leaning towards buying the 1.5 crossover track this fall and put studs on it. everything that Ive read it will clear with my xtx... but I maybe wrong

Cobra ... My brother runs it and it is hands down better than the stock ripsaw in every way.

gade-thrasher said:
Cobra ... My brother runs it and it is hands down better than the stock ripsaw in every way.

that track is my second choice, I think its going to be a price difference that is going to make my decision... I have all summer to think about it also... either way MRSled it is way better than the stock track, that pos sucks

gade-thrasher said:

Single ply?? And will it hold up to studding? I had one on my super charger and it had lugs flying off like crazy. How many miles does he have on his now?

I pulled a few studs out really quickly with my cobra. Too soft of rubber on that track in my opinion. Ripped a bunch of lugs really easily too.

I'd keep my eyes open for a 144" Camoplast 1.25" Predator. I believe they had them on the 144" Arctic cat Saber Cats or LTX cats...whatever the heck they called them in the 144" length. Also had them on the Polaris Switchback 144"

I saw one on ebay a while back. Also saw one at haydays last year.

Actually I just looked, and there are 2 on ebay right now. 1 looks a little rough, and one is pretty nice. Already studded too. I would just buy that track

I don't believe the Cobra is a single ply Tom, It's just made of a softer rubber. That's what I have on all my sleds, and I have great luck, but don't ride as many miles as you do either.
Most members I've read here say they've gotten about 6k out of a Cobra when mainly ridden in good or better snow conditions.

MrSled said:
gade-thrasher said:

Single ply?? And will it hold up to studding? I had one on my super charger and it had lugs flying off like crazy. How many miles does he have on his now?

I have about 6k on mine, Scott has about 4k. The little rubber fingers have now worn off, but neither of us have missing lugs. They have been holding up great and I know I will get a few more seasons out of mine. But we don't run studs either.

So would everyone agree that 6000 miles would be about the life of a track? Based on that, the Ripsaw Studded and the Cobra will last about the same now its just a matter of traction that I want.

I dont ride the trails much, but I do ride them some. I put on a 2" challenger this year and it did fine on the trail, off trail is where it really shines. But if your going to stud, my buddy has a 07 crossfire with a 1.75 track and its studded. Works like a charm and still goes off trail well.

my cutoff on tracks is 5000 miles. our riding here is mostly lakes at high speed, spring riding is hard on tracks with grit and heat from lack of lube. these are unstudded tracks. the last few years many of us have been running the pre-studded ice rippers with good results.

MrSled said:
So would everyone agree that 6000 miles would be about the life of a track? Based on that, the Ripsaw Studded and the Cobra will last about the same now its just a matter of traction that I want.

I don't think 6000 miles is the limit for a track at all. I had 6800 on the Predator on my SKS, and it was still in perfect shape, no tear outs, lost lugs, or signs of wear.

On the other hand, I had destroyed the Ripsaw on my Dragon in 3600miles.

It all depends on the conditions you're riding in, and how aggressive you are in marginal conditions.

Bamboo said:
I dont ride the trails much, but I do ride them some. I put on a 2" challenger this year and it did fine on the trail, off trail is where it really shines. But if your going to stud, my buddy has a 07 crossfire with a 1.75 track and its studded. Works like a charm and still goes off trail well.
Yikes! That's some serious studs.

MrSled said:

I've got 6k on my Cobra now, and expect to get another 4k out of it.

Back