• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1.5 track with studs

grenade6

Veteran
hey i have a nytro xtx and im planing on puting a camoplast crossover 1.5 track on it. i know from reading post that i gota remove the front tunnel protectors if i keep the stock drivers. i planed on geting Anti-ratchet drivers anyways so that not a problem. i have checked avids website but it looks like when you go down to 8 tooth the pitch isnt 2.52 anymore so do you guys know of anther good brand them makes a 8 tooth 2.52 driver? if so what brand? i know it would change my gearing but by how much? i know studing a track that long is bad news but i have never owned a sled with no studs and i dont wanna end up in the bush with my new sled.

thnx for your time

I have the crossover on my Attak and this track seems like it might not be the best to stud. The belt seems a little thinner. You will never be able to keep a straight stud in the thing. Once they get that long they tend to bend right over.

I've been thinking the exact same thing. I'm looking at going to a 8T extro driver with a studded 1.5 or even a 1.75 But am a bit worried about removing the front proctors. I'm not to worried about the long studs bending woodies makes extra tall nuts to compensate for taller studs. Does anyone make shallower protectors?? I did run my ZX chassis skidoo studded for 1000's of miles with studs with out any problems. They came with out front heat exchanger protectors. Wondering really how important the protectors are??

Back