• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1.75 Hurricane vs Backcountry X on a SW

burlyviper

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder LTX LE, blue
2011 Apex 128, Ulmer Airbox and clutch kit, PCV, HID
1980 Exciter 300
I have a 2018 SW LTX LE. I've run a 1.6 Ice cobra from the beginning and now have 6,000 miles. I want to change over to a 1.75 track as we tend to go more off trail in recent years. I have a SM TD jukebox and normal run 250 powertrain. Top speed isn't important to me anymore though. We ride in Eastern UP and don't run into icy trails very often so I won't be studding it. The Backcountry X is a 1 ply and the Hurricane is 2 ply. I am doing my research and trying to find real world experience with either of these tracks to determine which is the better one for me. Thanks for the input.

I have a 2018 SW LTX LE. I've run a 1.6 Ice cobra from the beginning and now have 6,000 miles. I want to change over to a 1.75 track as we tend to go more off trail in recent years. I have a SM TD jukebox and normal run 250 powertrain. Top speed isn't important to me anymore though. We ride in Eastern UP and don't run into icy trails very often so I won't be studding it. The Backcountry X is a 1 ply and the Hurricane is 2 ply. I am doing my research and trying to find real world experience with either of these tracks to determine which is the better one for me. Thanks for the input.
I have had both tracks. Although the hurricane is 2 ply, its not durable, I threw most of the lugs off at 3000kms. It just didnt hold up like a backcountry X. If you can find a take-off from a factory cross-country or XTX 137, they came with 2 ply backcountry not the aftermarket 1 ply. I ran the factory 2 ply backcountry 1.75 for 14000kms and had ZERO issues. Never lost a lug and was great on and off trail.

I’ve run a 1.75 backcountry on my 2017 ltx . It’s currently has about 10,000 miles on it. It’s held up real well. The only complaint I can come up with is that it creates quite a howl at higher speeds. I’ve heard the same thing about the hurricane but don’t know first hand. Traction off trail is very impressive and a lot of fun

For what it’s worth I’m stretching this sled to 146 and going with the 2” backcountry

Hope this helps and good luck with your decision

I had read that the Hurricane was a louder track than the BC

Took my Hurricane off. Very soft track and after 500 miles I had a lug de laminating. I have had several back country and should have went that route.

Sounds like an easy decision. BC it is. Thanks everyone for the input

Back