• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1200 ski doo vs nytro

That's what I told a guy in another thread. When he said what is the fastest? My answer was from what point to what point? :tg: A lot depends on how your sled is setup,and what kind of riding you do. Corner to corner, or lake. Yes the 1200 can go faster overall. I have seen it first hand :o|

correct me if I'm wrong (as I know you guy's will anyway) but wouldn't this scenario of the Nytro being quicker and the 1200 being faster just simply make sense based upon both the displacement and throttle body differences. . . .

Nytro - 1049cc - (1) throttle body for each lung
1200 - 1200cc - (1) throttle body shared

Slower fuel delivery at full initial "fun flipper" depression = slower acceleration. . . . .larger displacement from perhaps longer stroke = longer legs. . . .

Sticks in the Face said:
correct me if I'm wrong (as I know you guy's will anyway) but wouldn't this scenario of the Nytro being quicker and the 1200 being faster just simply make sense based upon both the displacement and throttle body differences. . . .

Nytro - 1049cc - (1) throttle body for each lung
1200 - 1200cc - (1) throttle body shared

Slower fuel delivery at full initial "fun flipper" depression = slower acceleration. . . . .larger displacement from perhaps longer stroke = longer legs. . . .

youre wrong!

just kidding..

but really triple throttle bodies would aid in top end over single...

Id say clutching effiency or lackthereof and aerodynamics and gearing have more to do with the longer legs....with a bit of work a xtx could be made to top a 4tec

larrypolaris said:
chevmal67 said:
i can tell you in about 2 months. my friend is gettin 1200 renegade x carryover. should be interesting..

Yep me too. We will have a '10 1200 Renegade in our fleet by December. His wife has a '09 1200 GSX.

I'll have comparisons on all three this winter.

The results are in.

Raced a 2010 1200 Renegade this past weekend. Muliple, multiple times. From a dead dig and from various mph roles.

From a dig xtx gets out front and stays out front til about 90mph then the Gade slowly goes by. But it takes at least 1000 feet for him to go by. Again very slowly.

From a role, who ever jumps the role wins, but top end edges toward the gade, but not by much.

XTX is all stock except with a Ulmer clutch kit. Which by the way does work and works great. Bottom end and mid range pull are the best. Top end is about 1-2 mph faster. Good job Allen.

Trailability with the clutch kit is supurb. Good on the hard pack, good in deep snow. Gas mileage is the same as stock. Rode 425 miles this past weekend with the kit.

Next year is the Excell header.

I think the Gade is geared taller then the XTX, which is why you are seeing those top end results. I kind of always thought it would beat the XTX on top, but not because of the gearing, but because it has more CC's, then the 1050 of the Nytro. Without the clutch kit, I believe you would have got it out of the hole, but he would of got you on the mid and on the roll on... It would not have taken until 90 to get by you..

Stock, no clutch kit, nothing, and consistantly hit 174-178 KPH on packed trail. This is the dream meter so -4 to -6. The XTX has legs, there is just to many factors in all aspects of set ups for racing. Win one day lose the next.

Back