• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1200 ski doo vs nytro

larrypolaris said:
larrypolaris said:
chevmal67 said:
i can tell you in about 2 months. my friend is gettin 1200 renegade x carryover. should be interesting..

Yep me too. We will have a '10 1200 Renegade in our fleet by December. His wife has a '09 1200 GSX.

I'll have comparisons on all three this winter.

The results are in.

Raced a 2010 1200 Renegade this past weekend. Muliple, multiple times. From a dead dig and from various mph roles.

From a dig xtx gets out front and stays out front til about 90mph then the Gade slowly goes by. But it takes at least 1000 feet for him to go by. Again very slowly.

From a role, who ever jumps the role wins, but top end edges toward the gade, but not by much.

XTX is all stock except with a Ulmer clutch kit. Which by the way does work and works great. Bottom end and mid range pull are the best. Top end is about 1-2 mph faster. Good job Allen.

Trailability with the clutch kit is supurb. Good on the hard pack, good in deep snow. Gas mileage is the same as stock. Rode 425 miles this past weekend with the kit.

Next year is the Excell header.

So you are comparing a stock (except clutch kit) xtx to a stock (no cluch kit) gade? If the clutch kit gets you 3-4 lengths on the start and more top end, sounds like the gade is faster if it was stock vs stock.

My nytro is stock except for barkers slip on and cr10ek plugs.
the gade i raced was stock besides 96 studs.

we went from a dig on hardpacked lake. He took me out of the hole and had about 2-3 on me before i went by at about 55-60. I stayed out front by 3-4 lengths up to 95-100 when we let off..

arteeex said:
I love the "it's stock, except for..."

Yeah, my buddy had a polaris 900 that was fast but it wasn't modded! He had a different helix, weights and springs but it wasn't a clutch kit because he didn't buy it from a performance company although it was a tried an proven combination from the net. Also had 168 studs, airbox mod and a senser mod that tricked the injection system and leaned the sled out. But it wasn't modded!! lol Oh it had a can for a short time also.

I would like to see the 1200 with a clutch kit, I heard it wakes it up big time.

SledFreak said:
But.... What happens when you do the same mods to a 1200?

i think it would help, but i couldnt see it being faster, and some mods for the 1200s rnt cheap. like a header from mbrp is $750, and from straightline performance its even more!!

on a 1200 , header, intake and clutching will make it a beast...Id bet run with a modded xtx and maybe pull it on top...

dirkdiggler said:
sj said:
on a 1200 , header, intake and clutching will make it a beast...Id bet run with a modded xtx and maybe pull it on top...

I'll race one. Not afraid in the least

you'd race anything even a tweaked and clicked Mach z

Just a word to Yamahaha, if you think a Nytro will consistantly "Blow " a 1200, you've been smoking some home grown! What a pee brained comment! Ya they're slow, need different skis, idler wheels, tons of mods to see 100mph on gps, handle terribly in stock form........oh wait a minute, that was my Nytro..... lets not be so smug, :die

Back