• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

136" cobra track review

yamadog07

Expert
finally got to try out my new 136" cobra track (about 300 miles on it). i am extremly pleased with the update. i have notice no difference on hard packed trail from the stock ripsaw. handling is equivalent, i may have lost 1-2 mph on top end but hard to tell at this time (lakes are not frozen/safe yet). deep snow, wow, wow, night & day from that ripsaw thing. all i can say is i'm very impressed with the abilitys the sled now seems to have in 1-2 ft of powder. i am not as scared to go off the trail now... i was in stuff i'm sure would have sunk me with the ripsaw, the cobra pushed me right thru. in no means is this now a deep snow machine, just way better then stock. thanks to all the guys on this site for the feed back & recommendations.

yamadog07 said:
finally got to try out my new 136" cobra track (about 300 miles on it). i am extremly pleased with the update. i have notice no difference on hard packed trail from the stock ripsaw. handling is equivalent, i may have lost 1-2 mph on top end but hard to tell at this time (lakes are not frozen/safe yet). deep snow, wow, wow, night & day from that ripsaw thing. all i can say is i'm very impressed with the abilitys the sled now seems to have in 1-2 ft of powder. i am not as scared to go off the trail now... i was in stuff i'm sure would have sunk me with the ripsaw, the cobra pushed me right thru. in no means is this now a deep snow machine, just way better then stock. thanks to all the guys on this site for the feed back & recommendations.

:Rockon:

I 100% agree!!! I LOVE MY 136 COBRA!!! Just about goes through anything!! I was slamming drifts that where every bit of 7-8 feet tall(on a steep uphill incline) and it just plowed through them with no trouble!!! Couldn't do that with the ripsaw.

Have you ever run a predator/carve prior to teh ripsaw and this cobra? Just wondering. The 6 pitch design on those tracks looks better then the cobra even though they are obselete now just curious if you ever had any experience for comparison sake. Thanks

i personaly have not.
although a guy i ride with runs one and is very happy.
we have not had a chance to get together this year for a real comparison.

I have noticed ive lost clost to 10mph on the top end..

I would get at least 111-116 on the dreammeter.. Now im oinly getting 105 tops..

IT is ten times the off trailling track thou..

finally got some good ice conditions to open this thing up.
i would say i have lost 10 km's = 6.25 mph.
well worth it. 100 times better in deep snow.

welterracer said:
I have noticed ive lost clost to 10mph on the top end..

I would get at least 111-116 on the dreammeter.. Now im oinly getting 105 tops..

IT is ten times the off trailling track thou..

I lost 4mph on top end off my GPS compared to the ripsaw, when I added it to my Apex...

I have a short track Cobra on my Viper and it works darn good in the deep stuff along with my Powder Pro SLP skis. It's a good option for trail riders giving you added versatility.

i never expected more top end, just wanted to post the info so guys know what they end up with. i also forgot to mention i added whal bros extroverts at the same time as track change. no more racheting, run it loose as a want pretty much.

yamadog07 said:
i never expected more top end, just wanted to post the info so guys know what they end up with. i also forgot to mention i added whal bros extroverts at the same time as track change. no more racheting, run it loose as a want pretty much.

good to know, thanks

The overall track is a 1.250 but the little nubs on the top of the paddles I do believe that they are calling 1.325. I run 1.450 studs on this track but I do believe 1.325 studs are recommended.

Back