• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

137 XTX Viper Skid project.

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
I had this idea to make a 137 XTX uncoupled Hygear Fox Float Suspension for my LTX... here it is all set up with XTX Arms and LTX Rails. I took the Arms off a MTN Skid... these are the same as the XTX.

IMG_1365.JPG

IMG_1366.JPG

IMG_1370.JPG

IMG_1371.JPG

It is! Can't wait to see how it works. I liked the 137" but hated how it always felt heavy in front end transfer wise. This one should easily be able to wheelie over the big holes and moguls.

It is! Can't wait to see how it works. I liked the 137" but hated how it always felt heavy in front end transfer wise. This one should easily be able to wheelie over the big holes and moguls.

Thats what I was hoping for... more of the XTX feel and handling.

Curious to hear how this works. I hate how my ltx is too planted in the front. I don't like a wheelie machine but it's nice to be able to lift the front when you need to

Curious to hear how this works. I hate how my ltx is too planted in the front. I don't like a wheelie machine but it's nice to be able to lift the front when you need to

I dont think the XTX is a wheelie machine at all... I prefer the more planted feel and the ability to carry the skis..

I dont think the XTX is a wheelie machine at all... I prefer the more planted feel and the ability to carry the skis..
That's what I'm looking for

Are the shocks a direct swap from the ltx to the XTX arms?

I think some of the transfer problem in the LTX stems from the shock valving. Once revalved properly, mine actually weight transfers much better.

Regardless, uncoupling might be the best of both worlds. Might be on to something with this Tom.

I miss my 08 mxz 800r for that reason. Most of the time it would track stand on command but stay planted when i wanted it to

Tom you might want to put a 160 pound spring on that skid shock. XTX and MTX come with 110 pound and other Vipers come with 135 pound, contributes to heavy front feel.

Tom you might want to put a 160 pound spring on that skid shock. XTX and MTX come with 110 pound and other Vipers come with 135 pound, contributes to heavy front feel.

I have an XTX with that same setup and love it... I have no problem with the center spring on the skid when the rest is set up correctly.

You probably already checked the center to center dimensions between the arm mounting holes on the rails to make sure they match the XTX, but thought I'd mention it. If the LTX hole spacing is different, you may encounter some geometry problems.

The front skid shocks are different length between the XTX and LTX. Check out page 8 in the 2014 service manual. looking at the dimensions I would try the LTX shock first because it has a shorter collapsed length and make sure it hits the rail bumpers slightly before it fully collapses.

Back