• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

156 x 2.5 Track on Nytro - too much?

OtherThan

So I'm staring at my new 156 x 15 x 2.5 " Camo extreme that I bought for my 08 mtx (No Turbo), now wondering whether it's a little too much for my sled. :o|
Been reading some things about not enough clearance, not enough snow evacuation, and therefore lower track speeds.. thinking of hitting up a 2.25 or 2 1/8 instead. Any opinions out there - too much without a turbo?

Thanks in advance for opinions!

Should not have a problem. Lots of people doing it. If you have any issues spinning it. Drop a tooth on your top sprocket, and then maybe look at clutching. These things are geared tall, and have plenty of power to spin it. You just have to slightly adapt. jmo

I love riding in the Yukon. Make the Trek over the top every year. Love playing around Dawson on good snow years.

no issues at all...

I am slapping a 174x2.5 on this year...and would go with 174x3.0" if I could get it to fit without MAJOR surgery...but wont work too easily...

I think the Camo Extreme 156" is a perfect set-up for a non-turbo nytro. I know a bunch of people that run them. I am not convinced that the clearance to the exchanger is a huge factor in snow evacuation, but I haven't done any back to back tests with a 2.25" track.

As mentioned above, gear down to a 19 tooth top sprocket. Look at clutching too. Last year I had stock clutching and my buddy had done some clutch tunning and was consistently getting 5-10 mph greater track speed in various side by side comparisons and swapping sleds back and forth.

Back